Space saving 5 gallon container

wdebenedettojr

BRS Member
Looking to set up my auto top off. Unfortunately I do not have much room under my stand for a a full 5 gallon bucket or on the side of my tank as my couch is right next to my tank. Anybody know of a slim 5 gallon container that is food grade that would work for this application???

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388806765.976847.jpg

Thanks! Looks like a perfect size! Prob would have to cut a bigger hole to fit the pump for the ato though.

Great info! I think I'll order one.

Would be perfect for anyone who uses an aqua lifter as an ATO pump.

I don't have dimensions or link handy but there are square pails readily available in 2, 3, 4 and 5 gallon sizes with lids. I'm in a condo with no possibility of a fish room and space is at a real premium and these look like the way to go for lots of tasks.

This 7 g cube fits just barely under my stand and lasts for about a week on my 80g. Pump sits on top of the jug and controlled by apex.

I've seen some really nicely shaped abs containers for sale at RV shops....designed for tight spaces in customized RVs and campers. You might google that and see what u find. It seems like those are pretty expensive. You could also make one to exactly fit out of acrylic. I'm not a great DIYer, so haven't done that.

http://https://www.google.com/shopping/product/16298116689334952665?q=walmart+water+jugs&client=safari&hl=en&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.59378465,d.cWc,pv.xjs.s.en_US.ob7ly0us8QQ.O&biw=1024&bih=672&tch=1&ech=1&psi=1d_WUpqbCOrksAT7k4LoAQ.1389813720531.3&ei=29_WUujsKezMsQT30YLwAQ&ved=0CKMBEKkrMAI

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 575
I just saw a bunch of these containers at Dick's Sporting Goods in Saugus.....I think they cost a little more though.

I have Rhino tank above and works great. I ordered it from West Marine for about $20. I cut whole in top for tubing for my Tunze and for electrical for pump. I have easy access to the cap and just add the ATO water thru the cap.

Back