Suggested reading on coral care

JimBlz

Non-member
Hi all.
I recently had major surgery and have a tremendous amount of time on my hands. Can't drive, or do much else.
I figured it would be a good time to do some reading about coral care. I currently have a 29g that is mostly FOWLR with a couple LPS, and a few softies. Later this summer I plan on upgrading to a bigger tank when I am able to do more, and I would like to try to do as many things correctly the first time.
After searching through the threads I found the following recommendations.

The Reef Aquarium: Science, Art, and Technology, Vol. 3 by Julian Sprung

Aquarium Corals : Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History by Eric H. Borneman

Corals: A Quick Reference Guide (Oceanographic Series) by Julian Sprung

Corals of the World, Vol. 1, 2, 3 by J.E.N. Veron

Does anyone have any other recommendations? Thanks for your time.

Reef Invertebrates: An Essential Guide to Selection, Care and Compatibility
by Fenner and Calfo

Dynamic Aquaria, Third Edition: Building Living Ecosystems
by Adey and Loveland

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for the replies, and the well wishes. Ordered the books from Amazon today, should get them later this week. Again thanks for the help.

Hope you recover quickly, I know how that can be when I busted up my foot and being limited to what you can do in the hobby. You're on the right track in getting some well gained knowledge. By the time you get back on your feet again you'll hit the ground running ready to start reefing. Good luck.

Thanks. I had open heart surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm, and replace the aortic valve. No driving for four weeks, thank God that is almost over, but I can't lift more than 10 pounds for 12 weeks, that is the worst part. Not much you can do with a restriction like that.

Back