Votes: 30 85.7%
  • no

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • maybe

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

orionduck

Non-member
Hello thank you to frank180reef for all of my current fag and grey,. frank got me like well over 17 frag at a super bargain price! Without this club I would figure my spending at a local fish store would be close to $420,. I spend about $140!!! plus saltyolddog for his Free Cheato!!!! :)

3 picture are before bostonreefers.org and all the other are after,. Thank you sooo much for all the help!! frag on!

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 393
  • 38.JPG
    38.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 393
  • 1002.jpg
    1002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 1000.jpg
    1000.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 397
more picture!

here is more picture,.

Attachments

• 1001.JPG
    1001.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 385
  • 1007.JPG
    1007.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 392
  • 1009.JPG
    1009.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 391
  • 1012.JPG
    1012.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 396
  • 1014.jpg
    1014.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 383
very nice. i would have to agree. i had like 4 coral in my 155 now i have no room for a small frag

I have been purchasing the frag from him last week and this week,. well I have PM him and if he said no i will delete this post! Otherwise i can't sleep with this hobby now!!!

It is looking good. Glad everyone here can help you.

I have a serious question regarding tanks with rear center mounted returns like yours. Maybe I am missing something, but if the power goes out, wouldn't it backflow and drain the tank until it gets to the return?

The rear mounted 1,. those. Dave he built them so they act like extra powerhead.. if the power goes out, I believe it drain down and go back up the 2 extra hose.

I
I have a serious question regarding tanks with rear center mounted returns like yours. Maybe I am missing something, but if the power goes out, wouldn't it backflow and drain the tank until it gets to the return?
Those look to me like closed loop returns. There's a screened intake below them in the center. The two loc-lines are returns from the pump. Normally that sort of setup is just connected directly to an external pump, not to a sump. All the plumbing is sealed, so if the power goes out the water doesn't have anywhere to drain to.

I'm guessing the sump return is just hidden by the canopy at the top of the tank.

Gee, I would have to say no. It is not really a hobby. A hobby is something you can pick up and put down and pick up and put down and partake in when your in the mood or not. I feel it is more of a way of life like farming. You have to maintain it and keep the animals clean, fed well and kept up. It is a commitment like a marrige. Good, bad or indifferent.

Yeah i would say it is more of a way of life. I live in RI and drove up to NH yesterday to go to Jays, Aqua Addicts, and Sea world. I have driven to New Jersey to go to MACNA, I will be going to BRASS. I spend I good amount of time online, here, looking at fish and coral, and reading articles about reefing. IDK it started as a hobby but now it is more, but i do love it. I enjoy almost every aspect of reef keeping, we have to be handymen/women, know chemistry, biology ect. Our dt is just the outcome of everything else that we do and when we get it to all work together it is such a joy to sit back and just look at the tank.

I am starting to become addicted to this! ,... Now I am like thinking of adding another tank in the living room!!!!!

The tank is like a wife. Fishes and corals are like kids. Once you have them, that's where all your time and money go into and you have nothing left but them.

i would like to change my vote to yes and no because i agree... its a way of life. when you set up any kind of aquarium its inhabitants rely on you to keep them healthy its a responsability, maby not like kids but regarless its your job to keep them healthy. Guilty of the addiction i havnt had my tank 48 hours and i already want to go leaps and bounds past where i can right now. but im containing myself and pushing back the urge to buy anything irrationally.

Back