Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off

AnthonyF

Non-member
Does anyone have any experience with the Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off? I just set mine up a while ago, followed the instructions and since its in a Biocube, it has the compartments, and so I put the sensor on one magnet, and the float switch on another and positioned that one further up so the alarm didn't sound if the return shut off. Well ,it pumped about a gallon of fresh water into the tank, way higher than it should have. After that, I put them on the same magnet and now it still fills it well above the sensor and only seems to shut off when the float switch shuts it off. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

A faulty IR sensor. You should return it to the store and get a new one. If you bought it online, contact Tunze USA via Reefcentral and Roger will take care of you. He is a great guy.

Ok cool. I was actually just looking at it further and noticed a small chip in the top of the sensor. I did get it it online and messaged them. Just glad I am going through it all now before I have any livestock..... though I'm hoping to get something in this week lol

Back