question about Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I have a question regarding the Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155.
Is the power pin on the power adaptor insert all the way into the socket of the controller? Thank you very much.

It should just push in so that the plastic grip on the pin is flush with the plastic on the bottom of the controller. Hopefully this is what you were referring to.

The barrel on the plug is too long and you will see a gap between the overmold on the plug and the control unit. Bad design, they are using cheap linear supply instead of universal input switcher. I am planning to swap it out on my unit. The linear is wasting 40% of the rated power sitting there doing nothing but keep the light on. California is banning sale of linears supplies next July.

Is it normal that >50% of the metal barrel exposed? I bought one used in the mail and it won't power up seems due to bad contact of the power plug and the socket. What model of power adaptor can you use to replace the original one? thanks

Take it to one of the LFSs that are a dealer I'm sure they would be happy to take good care of you.

Also, only Tunze dealer in MA is CRA which is NOT a LFS to me. I think it is a suprise that none of the LFS in Boston area is a Tunze dealer.

Last edited:
The barrel on the plug is too long and you will see a gap between the overmold on the plug and the control unit. Bad design, they are using cheap linear supply instead of universal input switcher. I am planning to swap it out on my unit. The linear is wasting 40% of the rated power sitting there doing nothing but keep the light on. California is banning sale of linears supplies next July.

which power supply can be used with the Tunze? Thanks

Also, only Tunze dealer in MA is CRA which is NOT a LFS to me. I think it is a suprise that none of the LFS in Boston area is a Tunze dealer.

Dong, it's worth the drive, the tanks are amazing, even if Jeremy is a Denver Broncos-loving tool. :D

I bought 2 skimmers in there last trip. Of course, a client paid me 44.5c per mile to do that particular drive, because they were right up the road, hehehe.

for a $10 power adaptor, I will go to local Radio Shack.

I will look at it tonight. I do not remember the output voltage at the wattage rating. Been low on the to do list. The tanks are to get me away from the power supply problems, not add to it.

CRA is worth the ride. I get down there about 4 times a year just to see what he has in stock

Last edited:
Try contacting Roger at Tunze. He was very helpful when the pump went on my osmolator and sent me out a new one.

yeh I was just about to say that, Andy

hey
tunze is a sponsor here and you can ask them and other users questions, it's not been updated recently but the guy is still on there i think

his name is Roger Vitko
you can also see what issues come up with people who already have the product there, or just contact them directly tunze.com

Back