Tunze vs. MP40QD

Tunze hands down for quiet operation.
I have both and keep going back and forth because of the bulk of the Tunze. But in my new tank, the Tunze MP60QD will likely be replaced with TUnze 6255 when they arrive.

I don't know anything about the MP40QD's but I doubt they can top the Tunze, I've had two of them on my tank for a year now...perfect.

Jim

I used to use tunes and now have mp40qd on my display and they are dead silent. I moved my mp40wes to the frag tank in the basement , they mad lots of noise

I have two 6055 on a 40 inch custom tank they alternate on/off (never both on) using my Apex, I have them set to near the lowest setting and I get plenty of flow without blowing things around.

Jim

I have used both. I currently have (2) mpqd 40's on my 90. I like the qd's better personally but the tunze are still great pumps also. Tunze are built like tanks and they are well tested. For me the QD's are it bc of there sleek design and they are quiet. I know the old mp's were loud but my qd's are in my living room and they are near silent.

Jebao........Best deal by far..............Not the question, but the correct answer!

My Tunze 6055's are far louder than the mp40's I had with the updated quiet drives. Plus if I run them on wavemaking pulse they make a very audible CLICK! each time they ramp up. Highly annoying - so can't use the wave function. I can't stand the controller on the Tunze - I really don't even think it works to be honest.

I hate the "mounting" that is supposed to hold the powerhead. It's floppy as all get out - one slight bump and its all out of wack. and I hate the wires in and then up and over on the tank.

If it wasn't for the tank manufacture completely ignoring my instructions :mad: I would have never gotten rid of the MP40's. Their controller actually worked, they stayed put, and there's no wires in the tank.

I can't understand the noise issue you really can't even hear mine running as for the "click" I have mine alternating every 60 seconds from my Apex and get no clicking sound in fact the only way I know which ones "on" is the flow pattern.

Jim

The "clicking" occur when you allow the pump to completely shut down. The clicking sound is when the pump initially re-start. If you turn down the pump to 1%, you will avoid the clicking sound. FWIW, Vortech doesn't allow their pump to totally shutdown in any of their mode on the controller. The motor is always spinning. If you do this with your Tunze, there will be no clicking sound.
Any Vortech pump will be louder than an equivalent Tunze period.

Back