Ultra low Nitrates Issue Tropic Marin Plus-NP?

nilaydeshmukh

BRS Member
I bought a tang from LFS trusting the owner's word that the fish was fully QTed and had no issues. Well, the tang had Ick that showed up the same day and spread it to the entire tank. . . . my mistake after all.

As a result, I had to remove all of the fish and they are currently in QT tanks for the last 4 weeks. With no fish in the tank my nitrates have dropped to zero for the last couple of weeks and the corals (SPSs) are fading. What can I do to up the nitrates? I always had to worry about keeping the nitrates low but this is another experience. I don't want to starve and bleach my corals while I need to keep my tank without fish for another two-three weeks.

Any suggestions?

I also saw this product - Tropic Marin Plus-NP that seem to have good reviews. I would appreciate if anyone has this on hand that I could use and replenish with a new bottle when it arrives.

Thanks in advance!

I’m not positive on that particular product but I’d get something along those lines to get your no3 and Po4 back in check. I’d say food but it’s harder to get the right amount and it’s somewhat of a time release process that can vary depending on a bunch of things. I’ve used the brightwell neo nitrate and neo phosphate to increase mine in the past.

I’m not positive on that particular product but I’d get something along those lines to get your no3 and Po4 back in check. I’d say food but it’s harder to get the right amount and it’s somewhat of a time release process that can vary depending on a bunch of things. I’ve used the brightwell neo nitrate and neo phosphate to increase mine in the past.
Thank you!

Back