Vacation Emergency Backup

Skeeter7424

More corals than gallons
Seeing what others do in similar situations. I have a buddy staying at my place while we're away, to watch the dog and my tank. He's got enough experience to keep the tank alive for 2 weeks, but wondered if you guys keep an expert on call? Either a professional or hobbyist in your area. Really just want to leave him someone's phone number in case things really start to go to hell

Camera does me no good for this one, as I will be off the grid for 2 weeks. That's why I wanted him to have a SHTF phone number in case

Yeah good idea to find a local Reefer and try to make some type of friendship/ backup for an emergency contact.

Whose close by lfs or SUPER TRUSTY REEFER? James at Fish mikes on speedial and note by tank for my twin 18 year olds.

And this is why its so important to get in good with shops!!!!! I coulda finished this but i was so exhausted and frazzled i called in my shop. Just freakin do it. I pride myself as a woman hobbyist of 25 plus years but im getting old. LOL. I own a lake house in maine and my twins aged out in march. Mum is tired and wants to have fun. Call in the reinforcements. Lol. SPEED DIAL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210808-180745.png
    Screenshot_20210808-180745.png
    393 KB · Views: 163
And this is why its so important to get in good with shops!!!!! I coulda finished this but i was so exhausted and frazzled i called in my shop. Just freakin do it. I pride myself as a woman hobbyist of 25 plus years but im getting old. LOL. I own a lake house in maine and my twins aged out in march. Mum is tired and wants to have fun. Call in the reinforcements. Lol. SPEED DIAL.
My Dad told me "you know you're old when you bend down to pick something up, and check to see if there's anything else you should grab while you're down there".........

Could have him make a login for here, and if sh** hits the fan maybe he can make a post, and the club comes in to help ? I have a relative that stays at my place when away.

Could have him make a login for here, and if sh** hits the fan maybe he can make a post, and the club comes in to help ? I have a relative that stays at my place when away.
Thats exactly what im going to do. Just going to leave him my log on, and he can yell from the rooftops if need be. Good call!

Back