Vertex 180 pump

wdebenedettojr

BRS Member
I have been using the vertex 180i skinner in my reef for 7 years now and it’s a beast. The pump I believe is starting to die. I have cleaned it multiple times and sometimes it sticks closed and I’ll have to mess around with it to work. Basically if I shut it off it can give me a headache to get going. There is nothing visably wrong so I am just assuming age. Ideally I would like to just buy a new impeller or replacement pump but vertex went out of business. They have a custom built sicce pump that sits inside to power the skimmer. Does anyone have a replacement pump for this by any chance or a spare impeller?? If not I will have to start thinking about a new skimmer, what is everyone using for a skimmer now a days. 100 gallon reef, LPS and SPS. Thanks!

I've been using reef octopus elite 200sss and can't say anything bad about it, just gave it a nice bath too

Same here. Using a Reef Octopus 200sss 8" with the Varios pump for a 112 gallon tank with heavy feeding. does a nice really nice job and no complaints.

So just an update on this. I spoke with sicce. For anyone that has this skimmer. The psk 1000 will work as a replacement with some small modifications to the pump intake

Back