Very Unhappy with HelloLights

UncleJT

BOHICA
HelloLights has been serving the hobby for a LONG time. However, up until very recently, I have never ordered from them before. After my recent first three orders, I may never order from them again. I am very dissatisfied with their level of customer service and their ability to process orders.

On my first two orders two weeks ago, I had to practically beg them for my tracking numbers. The tracking numbers are supposed to be emailed when the order ships and also posted on the website under "order status". This was not the case. When I emailed them to ask for my tracking number, I got the following response: "We sent tracking number via email. You have tracking number. Check inbox and spam folder carefully.". It took me two more emails to convince them that I did not have the tracking number before they would give it to me.

This past weekend I placed my third order with them and paid extra for faster shipping as I was disappointed with how long it took FedEx Home to get here from Californication. I really wanted the parts here before the weekend so I can finally get the canopy for my new tank finished so I selected FedEx Express Saver (3-day service). On Monday evening, I receive the invoice stating the order had been shipped and was coming via Express Saver. However, again, no tracking number. Same deal as above. This afternoon, I finally get my tracking number and see that they shipped it FEDEX HOME (Ground). Ugh.

I am now waiting to hear how they are going to resolve this. However, I am so very unhappy. I seriously doubt I will be ordering from them again.

I've been burn't by them in the same manner before,ordered 2 day air yet it took three days before they shipped ,no tracking info,no indication if the item had even shipped.

IME they have been very good in general, probably above average, about having what they say instock in stock, and getting orders out in a timely fashion.

But, they don't normally send tracking info, and I've never tried for express shipping.

I think of them as a great E-tailer, but probably not the one to go to if your in a hurry ;)

Back