ViaAqua titanium heaters ?

cobra1858

Non-member
Does anyone here use or have an opinion on the ViaAqua titanium heaters. I am looking at getting 2 300 watt heaters. I looked on reefcentral and there is mixed opinions on them. Any recommendations on something better?

I had heard from someone who had one that he suspected it wasnt really titanium because it started to rust. I am no metallurgist so I cant speak to that. He did however say that it was leaking current into his tank and he had to remove it.

I have a WON Brothers 300W and I love it.

I have three or four Won 250W titanium heaters for sale. $10 each if you want 'em. They're all analog (reliable). I do have one that is digital (reputed to be unreliable but I haven't had problems with it).

for titanium i have only used the WON and only had one problem with it after a little over a year it just stopped working....
i still bought another it just taught me i should alway's have 2 heater's going at all times...

Tobyt about how old are the heaters? The 3 analog heaters would work for me. Will you be going to the next meeting?

im i wrong for still using a visi therm glass heater? i have used these for at least 10 years and dont ever remember having a single problem with them... but if i can get one of those won brothers analog's i will take it...

I have (2) 350w wons, and a 500w won, I still have quite a few glass heaters. I use them in my sump, in a QT tank, or to heat up SW before I make a change.
Haven't heard of the Via's

Dr...if it ain't broke don't fix it. :) I do however recommend having 2 heaters just in case one stops working.

I've had the ViaAqua titanium heater on my 75, before that it was on my 55, and I have one in a 20 gallon fresh tank. Both are about two years old, had no problems as of yet.

I have 5. 1x 300w. 2x250w. 2x100w. They're all about 6 mos old, no problems, no rust, work well. I don't know how I would test for stray voltage in my water??

Back