Waterbox cubed

Mccune

BRS Member
Going to be starting my Waterbox 20 cube. Purchased the tank last year and have been waiting for the stand to come in for a few months.

Equipment list

Neptune apex lite will control the tank

Light- AI Prime HD [for now I am trying to convince my wife I need the new radion Gen5

Return - stock for now will be replacing with a dc controllable one

Powerhead - AI Nero 5

Heater - neotherm

Skimmer - either eshopps nano or Cadlights pls50

Red Sea diy cover

Got the rock work done today. Main structure is one piece I cut flat to sit on the bottom of the tank. All the shelves are comprised of literally 60 small pieces that have been secured together

Last edited:
BABADC3D-E940-4802-BEB1-10749C8123A9.jpeg
B36EA4A2-AA8A-4272-B5AB-FC7B076D13CA.jpeg

This is the scape I came up with let me know what you think

Looks awesome!! Love the aqua scape. I just ordered same tank yesterday. My current tank sadly sprung a leak. Will be starting a thread soon check it out! Great progress good luck with the tank.

So this tank took a serious turn for the worst in Aug. I went away for vacation and Murphy decided to stop by my house.
While down the cape we had a heat wave which normally doesn't effect the tank temps much......
But the neighbor who was letting to dog out came by they close the basement door. The tank was 85 for three days and 84 plus the rest if the time. When I got home and opened the basement door it was astonishingly hot and I knew this was bad. While I was gone the power had briefly gone out, which rendered my Apex completely useless, as it was not connected to the internet and did not send alerts.

Since then I lost all but one fish in my 50 gallon tank.

The 20 cube all the fish survived but I lost tons of corals almost all my LPS, and a few higher end zoas.

I have been doing water changes and trying to just let the tank swing back. I have decided to bring the tank to my office at work and I am going to go super minimal as far as fish and easy to keep corals like zoas, shrooms, and a mix of maxi mini/ rock flower nems in the sandbed

So this tank took a serious turn for the worst in Aug. I went away for vacation and Murphy decided to stop by my house.
While down the cape we had a heat wave which normally doesn't effect the tank temps much......
But the neighbor who was letting to dog out came by they close the basement door. The tank was 85 for three days and 84 plus the rest if the time. When I got home and opened the basement door it was astonishingly hot and I knew this was bad. While I was gone the power had briefly gone out, which rendered my Apex completely useless, as it was not connected to the internet and did not send alerts.

Since then I lost all but one fish in my 50 gallon tank.

The 20 cube all the fish survived but I lost tons of corals almost all my LPS, and a few higher end zoas.

I have been doing water changes and trying to just let the tank swing back. I have decided to bring the tank to my office at work and I am going to go super minimal as far as fish and easy to keep corals like zoas, shrooms, and a mix of maxi mini/ rock flower nems in the sandbed
I had something like this happen to me a few months ago where my heater failed and my tanks went up to 90 degrees! just shows you how precious and difficult these creates are I hope your tanks get back to their old glory over time! best of luck.

Back