Waveline 6000 DC Return Pump

Jim Tansey

BRS Member
I was a bit overdue for cleaning and general maintenance on my Eheim 900 gal/hr return pump not having a spare I was going to get another to swap out but at the last minute I decided to try a DC pump as people seem to like them. This thing is AWESOME!!!! I don't have one negative thing to say about Eheim pumps they are quiet but this thing is silent. Coupled with my gated drain setup if I turn off my skimmer you hear NOTHING, now I must look into the availability of one with a pin wheel for my skimmer not sure if anyone makes one. I mounted the control unit on the side (outside) of my stand both being black it blends right in, the only change I would make is with the feed cycle (pump off) shorter it's 1/2 hr., 15 min would be plenty for my hungry fish. For those with controllers I think its 0-10 VDC controllable but not having one I didn't pay much attention to this feature. I got the 6000 for my 60 cube, if I had it to do over I may have purchased the 10,000 and turned it down to 50% or so I have the 6000 running at 100% and its a nice amount of flow for my mixed reef, its my only flow source as I don't use power heads just two returns on each side of the back glass.

Jim

JeBao sells a line of needle wheel version of DC pumps for their skimmer.

I was a bit overdue for cleaning and general maintenance on my Eheim 900 gal/hr return pump not having a spare I was going to get another to swap out but at the last minute I decided to try a DC pump as people seem to like them. This thing is AWESOME!!!! I don't have one negative thing to say about Eheim pumps they are quiet but this thing is silent. Coupled with my gated drain setup if I turn off my skimmer you hear NOTHING, now I must look into the availability of one with a pin wheel for my skimmer not sure if anyone makes one. I mounted the control unit on the side (outside) of my stand both being black it blends right in, the only change I would make is with the feed cycle (pump off) shorter it's 1/2 hr., 15 min would be plenty for my hungry fish. For those with controllers I think its 0-10 VDC controllable but not having one I didn't pay much attention to this feature. I got the 6000 for my 60 cube, if I had it to do over I may have purchased the 10,000 and turned it down to 50% or so I have the 6000 running at 100% and its a nice amount of flow for my mixed reef, its my only flow source as I don't use power heads just two returns on each side of the back glass.

Jim

I couldn't agree more. I have a Reef Octopus Dc on my return, and another on my skimmer, I love them, dead silent.

Derek

I swapped out my reeflo for a waveline and I love it. Less flow, but a lot less noise and power consumption.

Back