• Mantis

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Dwarf seahorses

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Shrimp goby pair

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • None of these would work, especially other.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

~Flighty~

Now with more baby
I have a 12g eclipse that I have set up and cycled with some LR, pods, mini stars and macro. It is right next to the main tank and I've spent way too much time looking in there at the baby mysids and little stars. Large water changes are a snap because I can pull it from the main system. I guess that is not a water change in the strictest sense, but it will work.

So anyway I've been looking at it so long I want to put something nifty in it now.

The choices are in roughly my preference order, but I've only loosely researched all of them, so I can be swayed easily.

Small TR octopus
2 TR reidi seahorses
Mantis
Dwarf seahorses
Shrimp goby pair
Other
None of these would work, especially other.

I think having seahorses in a nano tank would be awesome but that's just what I think
Duds

I say since you love clowns so much...how about a pair of b & w false percs.

go second with a shrimp goby pair.

Don't want to upgrade the light with the associated temp concerns, so no anemones or photosynthetic thingies.

Do the seahorse people think 2 reidis would have room to swim? they say 20g for four of them and 2.5x their height for height of the tank. It is too big tank for dwarfs I think. Hard to get the food at a good density.

Doing a little digging on the octopus. I didn't realise how big bimacs get. armspan of 23 inches. Wow. I would definitely need a bigger boat.

~Flighty~ said:
Do the seahorse people think 2 reidis would have room to swim? they say 20g for four of them and 2.5x their height for height of the tank. It is too big tank for dwarfs I think. Hard to get the food at a good density.

From what I've read that tank is too small and the out-put is too much for reidis, and too big for dwarfs because you would have to feed so much for them to get enough food that your water quality would go down hill fast.

he is probably right but I just think it would be awesome having seahorses in the tank
Duds

Heck, those neon gobies are so small I don't think you'd have trouble stocking them in addition to a shrimp goby pair (obviously it would need to be one of the small prawn gobies, like whiteray, or blackray - but those are cooler anyways.)

Yeah, but it's too small for any of your potential patients.

How about a school of neon gobies? Get a pair of blues, a pair of yellows, maybe a pair of catalinas (you could keep the temp at 75 as a compromise).

I think that would be really cool.

I like it when a tank's inhabitants are scaled to the size of the tank. Nano tank - Nano fish.

Back