Whats the biggest school of fish in a 120????

maxfischer

Instigator
i'm within a week of having my 120 up and running. I want to get a school of fish. I have a copper band(2-3"),a unicorn tang(2-3"),black&white clown(3"), longhorn Cow Fish(2"), royal gramma(2"), yellow watchman(2") and a green clown gobie(1"). What fish can i have for a school and not worry about a bioload?

I have Resplendant Anthias and blue/green chromis. Both school nicely.
The don't seem to bother the other fish at all. The tank is a 220 gallon. There are a total of 15 fish at the moment.

maxfischer said:
i'm within a week of having my 120 up and running. I want to get a school of fish. I have a copper band(2-3"),a unicorn tang(2-3"),black&white clown(3"), longhorn Cow Fish(2"), royal gramma(2"), yellow watchman(2") and a green clown gobie(1"). What fish can i have for a school and not worry about a bioload?
Max,

You're tank isn't remotely large enough for a unicorn tang. You'd need an 8ft long 240gal tank (at least the very least) to keep that fish. Someone did tell you they grow to 24":eek:, right?

Its okay for now, but surgeonfish do grow fast. I'd say you have about 2 years tops before you'll need to find a new home for him.

That being said, you're already kind of full up on fish. Everyone seems to be overstocking these days:rolleyes:

If you get rid of the unicorn tang, you'd not only free up a lot of room, but even more bioload (tangs are high bioload fish per unit length). I'd say go with the anthias. For me, green chromis were a bit fo a disapointment in terms of socialization.

Matt:cool:

Matt L. said:
Max,

You're tank isn't remotely large enough for a unicorn tang. You'd need an 8ft long 240gal tank (at least the very least) to keep that fish. Someone did tell you they grow to 24":eek:, right?

Its okay for now, but surgeonfish do grow fast. I'd say you have about 2 years tops before you'll need to find a new home for him.

That being said, you're already kind of full up on fish. Everyone seems to be overstocking these days:rolleyes:

If you get rid of the unicorn tang, you'd not only free up a lot of room, but even more bioload (tangs are high bioload fish per unit length). I'd say go with the anthias. For me, green chromis were a bit fo a disapointment in terms of socialization.

Matt:cool:

its not a unicorn tang(that what it was sold to me as) its a
http://http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/product_info.php?products_id=506&parent_category=4&category_search=61&root_parent_id=4

i do agree with you on the overstocking.

Back