what's the Right OR Wrong ! Way of getting started?

Royalty

Reefer In Training
I will be picking up my used 72 bowfront tank within the week . I was wondering if I should hold off the process of getting the tank started, With live sand/saltwater/live rock/inverts/fish/coral, I want to move out of my current apartment into a place just for me and my husky within the next 6 months diff' before the winter starts I just don'tknow if its worth all the effort starting the project just so I could move. basically should I wait? or just start but with caustion! what would you do?:.

IMO depending on how far the move is, you could start curing the live rock and sand and then move just that when you do. then you can just start everything up when you and your husky are in the new place.

if you are starting with established live rock and sand...well then it's up to you :p but I wouldn't go overboard with stocking as you may face some difficulties during the move (better safe than sorry kind of deal).
however, there is also a ton of great help and advice here on the site to help with moving an established tank with great success.

Myself...I would start with caution and use that time fiqure things out(equipment,inhabitants..) and let your sand,rock cure/mature.

I figured as much I was think about it only because I live on a third floor apartment that would be my first problem moving out that is. Secound would be that the house moves depending on how stronge the winds are, It's like a big warning sign screaming MOVE ! I like the apartments but I dont like my roommates, long story. point is I need time to save up and Im thinking late september early oct, I hope I could make it that long stairing at my tank with just rocks in side patients is something im going to need in the near future. I know there's going to be some ups and downs with these tank but here's hoping for the best. thanks for the advice.

I already started the curing process with the sand and rock in a 10g tank with a 10g powerhead to keep my rock alive and a bucket with a powerhead also full of rock I had pick-up on vacation in PR. The guy's at Krystal clear aquatic's said that's all I need to bering my rock back to life with a peace of live rock in each. My girl has my inverts in her tank to keep em' alive but I notice that her temp is to high its 92 degress thats to high for me so I turn'ed off the light and opened the hood. whats would be the best temp to keep a tank?

I was wondering If there's some kind of cold system I could add to my 72 bowfront I dont want to start with fish I think that inverts woud be easyer. I could learn the ups and downs of reefing without the high cost! I know there's heater out in the market but Im not sure if there is a cold system to maintain a equal level of temp in a tank whats the band and price range? If there isn't then does someone want tosponser me with my concept Im sure it will sale $$

I was wondering If there's some kind of cold system I could add to my 72 bowfront I dont want to start with fish I think that inverts woud be easyer. I could learn the ups and downs of reefing without the high cost! I know there's heater out in the market but Im not sure if there is a cold system to maintain a equal level of temp in a tank whats the band and price range? If there isn't then does someone want tosponser me with my concept Im sure it will sale $$

take this 6months to read up on fish/corals/tank care :)

it will save money too :D

I was joking about the patch to get a sponser I just want to know what the best band and also the best price

I'm A proud owner of my 72 bowfront tank I just picked it up for 50 bucks I checked it for leaks by filling it up with water no problems I got a extra stand and a skimmer for 20 bucks plus I was in the area and stop'd by Jay's aquatic's that place is big and I found myself buying more live rock I spent more then I wanted but It was worth it. Im going to have a friend from work try to make a canopy out of the stand hope it works. Has anyone tried making a bowfront canopy out of a bowfront stand before and did it work out ?? Im going to get my tank ready with the next week. I wanna give a special thanks to the man that made this all happy Nick Ozmore " and the site that started it all bostonreefers.

" I feel like a new man a Reeferman"

Last edited:
Back