Where to Buy 100 lbs of white sand?

HD has some that is a nice white play sand that is really cheap. That's what I got. High Desert Play or something like that. RINSE, RINSE, RINSE first I had a lot of trouble with it.

We just ordered sand from Marc after seeing the review that JPags gave. Jen ordered it and got the shipping notification within 20 minutes! Thats service.

The Marco sand is great stuff. I ordered a sample(1 lb) of it. Very soft, nice aragoniute sand, reasonably priced. Passes vinegar test. Will be going in my next tank.

The Marco sand is great stuff. I ordered a sample(1 lb) of it. Very soft, nice aragoniute sand, reasonably priced. Passes vinegar test. Will be going in my next tank.

What's the vinegar test?

yea the high desert playsand is great, cost me 12 bucks for 80lbs, just rinsed it all out, easy took maybe an hour, its found at home depot

I don't recommend the high desert play sand. It looks crystalline in the tank, and that color starts looking dingy really quickly.

looks fine in mine also, only thing is it turns brown fast, but i got a blenny, and that problem is fixed, he keeps it nice and white

it was just algae i think, the blenny loves it, and if you look at the pic, this is what it looks like, blanney keeps it nice and white. see? also this is 80lbs of sand, cost me 12 dollars, and an hour of rinsing it out. pvh you live in lowell right? and you have had sw tanks for a while right? do you think you can come look at mine and tell me how to get rid of all the little particles flaoting around in my tank?

057.jpg

Last edited:
Back