Where To Get Acro Crabs?

Frank had one in a frag at the frag farmers market he may have more should MSG him

best way is from wild colonies... have to get them out before dipping as dipping a coral will kill them....even interceptor will nuke them...

your colonies are too small to host these crabs guy!
Stop saying stupid $hit. These crabs can live in just an inch colony as long as the mini colony has multiple branches for the crab to hide from predation.
Again, do you have anything useful to say? :D

best way is from wild colonies... have to get them out before dipping as dipping a coral will kill them....even interceptor will nuke them...

Thanks Brian,
For the price that I see some site are selling these "acro" crabs for, I probably would just buy the wild colony with the crab(s) in it.
One site listed them for $40ea before shipping. Lol

I bought a baseball sized birdsnest from jays that came with an acro crab. When I got home, I was like WTF? Cool addition to the tank. When I would come home, id go right to the birdsnest to see of I could find him

I love them, I have/had four of them. Two I cannot find anymore. Three of them looked the same, but one was very light, pink/orange. I got them from someone who had bought a lot of wild colonies, and they were hitchhikers. The problem is when the colony gets big, you can never see them anymore.

Um, why not just get them from liveaquaria? I've seen several group buys to eliminate shipping...

I had lost by birdsnest due to an alk swing. do you think theres any chance the crab made his way to the neighboring millepora colony?

The liveaquaria diver's den often has them but they go quick. They update the den around 6pm every night and if you're quick you can snag em. They usually only have a couple available at a time though.

I was looking into this the other day and bluezoo aquatics had them in stock for around $20.

Stop saying stupid $hit. These crabs can live in just an inch colony as long as the mini colony has multiple branches for the crab to hide from predation.
Again, do you have anything useful to say? :D

nope! lol but you will need to get these crabs tiny... i ordered some a long time ago from skiptons and they came big about the size of a male emerald crab

nope! lol but you will need to get these crabs tiny... i ordered some a long time ago from skiptons and they came big about the size of a male emerald crab

If they sold you an acro crab that is as big as the size of a male emerald, it's almost certain that's not the right crab.
Max size on these crabs are 1". Most I've seen is <1/2"

I'm looking to find one of these elusive crabs as well as a birthday present for my wife.
Anybody want to do a group buy from Bluezoo - only place I've seen them referenced in stock.

Unless someone has a lead on a colony with one already - then I'd get something besides a crab and a happy wife.

Check out Jays. Yuke and I went this past weekend and Jay just got some mariculture SPS colony. He had 4-5 colony of granulosa, milleipora, pocilopora, stag. Yuke and I bought a a colony of granulosa each and the lucky SOB got an acro crab on his. Unfortunately for him, the acro crab is in my tank and currently in the red planet colony now.
You can call and ask but there's no gaurantee you'll find what you looking for. I called 4 LFS today and none of them has any and most of them said the crab is a pest and eat SPS they're in. This is understandable since there's so many variety of crabs that like to eat corals. I'll wait a little to see how this little is doing before I shell out some cash at the online retailers.

Back