Whose never been to a meeting?

I havent been to a meeting and would if meetings were held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree like Yaktop wrote,

If we had a list of the member geography location we can design a way to divide a sector area, for a example, Boston area, Worcester area, Taunton area, New Hampshire area, Providence area, then select or have volunteers of the area and each month have a rotation meeting place, we schedules it in advance so every one will have a chance to get to the meeting and plus a chance to check out local stores too.

I've only made two meetings and the big auction... The meeting in Waltham seemed to be the most centralized location for those coming down from NH/VT/ME, and up from The Cape and RI/CT.

Since that isn't a choice, the Marlborough/Westborough location would be a good secondary choice.. (Worcester beeing too far west IMHO)

I'd think you would be able to find cheaper costs in MarlboroughWestborough then in Waltham. . .

-Mike

Ok we have a venue for any Taunton meetings we may like to have. I'll get to the BOD. nothing fancy but fits our needs and our budget.

Ed, will there be liquor served at this venue? BYOB allowed?

I only ask because....well you know Dawn :p

Cash Bar for those with cash or friends with cash.
biggrinparty.gif

The Sheraton Four Points in Waltham costs us $250 for the room not $500. Not that thats any better but just to clarify the point.

LOL Lam you know what was funny as I was scrolling down I seen the top half of your thread and was going to write if in fact you were thinking of me then as I scrolled I seen the comment you are too funny

But now everyone thinks I am a lush or something :(
well could be worse I guess hehehe

RobboT said:
The Sheraton Four Points in Waltham costs us $250 for the room not $500. Not that thats any better but just to clarify the point.
Well, yeah. $250 for the room rental plus about the same for catering (pizzas). That puts us around $500.
Or, we coulda gone without the catering. Then the room fee was pretty much $500. They give us a break if we order food.

Moe_K said:
Well, yeah. $250 for the room rental plus about the same for catering (pizzas). That puts us around $500.
Or, we coulda gone without the catering. Then the room fee was pretty much $500. They give us a break if we order food.

Moe,

I've had very little sleep last night so please explain. This doesn't make sense to me. The Sheraton charges $500 no matter if we get catering or not? They force the catering on us?

They don't really force it on us, but they give us a price break on the room for using their catering. My old room mate used to do their group sales and says it's pretty standard in the hotel business.

Hmm...offer catering for about 'free'.
Offer a wet bar so we can wash the food down.
Make a total of possibly $800 if not more.

All and all it's a pretty good deal IMO. Especially on an event when we draw 100 + bodies. It's a lot more comfortable and so much more convenient than Wakefield (well Mr. Hiller excluded). Parking, eating and drinking 3 other items in the plus column.

I'll have to agree with you guys. Very comfortable and spacious.

I was just commenting on the good business mind behind the charges.

Room was very comfortable. But it was a hike from my neck. Pretty much the same as going to Wakefield for me. (distance)

Back