wow some price on ebay

Never seen in the us? What's up with that. Unless I'm mistaking this for something else, I've seen these more than a few times in LFS!

The seller has a 0 feedback, smell like a con...

should report them to ebay i bet they are self bidding the price up no one could be dumb enough to pay $350 for a suncoral

I reported both items and send a linkto retail stores where they are <$60.00 also asked to investigate the self bidding.

clamm said:
I reported both items and send a linkto retail stores where they are <$60.00 also asked to investigate the self bidding.

Come on, guys. You are playing God here.

Whoever wants to pay for that Anemone, it's his/her business.

FWIW, it is supposedly a rarity. I've seen it auctioned on retail sites for buku bucks. It's all supply and demand.

fingolfin, i don't think they are playing God here. i don't even know how God plays into this. but i think it's a responsibility that everyone holds to keep people honest. i'm not saying this guy is or is not a con artist, but no one likes a con artist. i don't like seeing other people being ripped off just as much as i myself don't like being ripped off. and btw, it's not an anemone.

It is not a rip off. If somebody wants to bid and pay that, it is a free world, nobody is forcing them to. Its no more a rip off then paying thousands for a french fry that looks like a dead president or something. This is what makes this country great. Or would we rather have the government set the prices on everything and everyone pays the same and charges the same?

TheUltimateNoob said:
fingolfin, i don't think they are playing God here. i don't even know how God plays into this. but i think it's a responsibility that everyone holds to keep people honest. i'm not saying this guy is or is not a con artist, but no one likes a con artist. i don't like seeing other people being ripped off just as much as i myself don't like being ripped off.

So what makes you believe that this guy tries to rip others off? And what's your standard for fair price?

It's easy to be self-righteous.

TheUltimateNoob said:
and btw, it's not an anemone.

Thanks for educating me. Pardon my ignorance, I just learned a new coral today.

stang8s said:
It is not a rip off. If somebody wants to bid and pay that, it is a free world, nobody is forcing them to. Its no more a rip off then paying thousands for a french fry that looks like a dead president or something. This is what makes this country great. Or would we rather have the government set the prices on everything and everyone pays the same and charges the same?

So you made a new Ebay account just to sell this one, eh Jeff? ;)

ebay gets ridiculous sometimes, you have to wonder who's bidding on these things. thats one reason ill probley never get those famous ppe zoanthids, they get bid up to $300+ for a tiny frag. maybe when I hit the lottery

bidding on your own item to raise the price is a violation of ebays policy, therefore its work looking into. Do I really care no, I do care about those they they sucker in to their con. We know better because we have a great forumn. Others might get caught in the moment and not have the opportunity to seek good advice because of the ending time of the auctions. I said its being investigated, I didn't say the guy was being arrested or anything...geesh. Bottom line is at the very min they are taking advantage of someone. Now if they gave the retail price of the item and the person still wanted to pay 300+ thats a different story. Who ever buys this isn't getting a "RARE" coral.

clamm said:
Bottom line is at the very min they are taking advantage of someone. Now if they gave the retail price of the item and the person still wanted to pay 300+ thats a different story. Who ever buys this isn't getting a "RARE" coral.

It's called the "on-line" auction. Buys need to educate themselves before jumping in the bidding war, and should be responsible for their own financial risk. All the negative comments about the seller is purely a speculation. If I put a Persian Rug on E-bay then someone is willing to overpay it, is it my fault?

That's all I tried to say.

Back