Zoa fragging question

WoodRiverTroutBum

Non-member
I bought a Zoa with about 15 polyps on a small piece of rubble that was glued to the frag plug. This morning I noticed that a few of the polyps were on a seperate piece that got flipped over last night somehow. It is still attached to the other polyps but not glued down and I can't flip it back over without tearing the coral. I figured now is the time to frag my first coral to try to save these polyps. Do I just cut the tissue, dip the coral in reef dip, glue it to a piece of rubble or plug and that is it? Thanks in advance.

Alex

yep that will work. You should wear gloves and possibly safty goggles so you don't get poly toxin on you. It there is still a little bit of rock stuck to it this makes gluing easier

Awesome! Thank you! There is a piece of shell or something that it is growing on so that is what I will glue to the plug. Should I spend the extra money on actual frag glue or is it the same as super glue? I was also going to get the debonder for when they grow enough to move them on to live rock. Thanks again for your help.

So I fragged the coral last night and both pieces are wide open and are looking great. Now, I think one of the clowns is starting to host the larger piece. Weird.

Back