Zoa issue

Rambler67

BRS Member
ok so I am having an issue with my zoas they all have this long stem. I have done some reshurch and I do believe its caused by a lack of lighting. So pretty much I have a 150 gallon have 3 led strips on it one blue one antic and one white. Not sure on exact specs and brand they came with the tank. Not sure if adding a couple more strips would help or thinking of switching to t5s. Looking for ideas or suggestion
20190323_123535.jpg
20190323_123904.jpg

The LED strip that usually come with the tank are designed for fish only, unless they're specified for coral and even then unless they are something like Hydras or Eco Techs they won't cut it.

Yeah they are reaching for light. New lights would help. T5 Or metal halides are fried and true brand wise I don’t think it matters as much as LED brand and chip sets do.

Agreed...looking for more light. I would upgrade if possible. I personally run LED's, and have had good luck with AI's and Reefbreeders.

The LED strip that usually come with the tank are designed for fish only, unless they're specified for coral and even then unless they are something like Hydras or Eco Techs they won't cut it.

I bought the tank used so there not like ones that come with the tank strips.

Back