More GPD = Less waste water?

ileas

Non-member
Just curious but if my rodi does more gpd does that mean it gives off less waste water? Dads not a big of how much is thrown and I’m just trying to reduce it

There is a flow restrictor on the waste line of ROs, when designing the system you use the restrictor in accordance to the membrane you plan on using. I use 50gpd membranes with a 300cc flow restrictor. If using a higher GPD membrane the restrictor will be sized accordingly(more waste water). If you don’t discharge waste at the proper amount the contaminants will build in the membrane and eventually bleed through.

There is a flow restrictor on the waste line of ROs, when designing the system you use the restrictor in accordance to the membrane you plan on using. I use 50gpd membranes with a 300cc flow restrictor. If using a higher GPD membrane the restrictor will be sized accordingly(more waste water). If you don’t discharge waste at the proper amount the contaminants will build in the membrane and eventually bleed through.
So the higher gpd the more waste water?

If waste water is a concern, buy distilled water from Waltmart instead.
It could end up cheaper than maintaining an RODI considering the cost of filter cartridges.
You may need to change the cartridges more frequently depending on your tap water quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are on a well you may not have adequate pressure to run the ro filter efficiently. I switched over to an RO filter with a booster pump and it made a very big difference in Waste water output.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back