Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS Position - President

Real Name - Paul
IMG_20180701_140831.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - Years ago a friend and roommate gave me this name and it has since stuck. Probably has something to do with my 6'5" big guy stature.

Current Tank Specs - 100 Gallon Cadlights Artisan II 48x24x20 Display Tank, 80 Gallon Deep Blue Frag/Xtra Water Volume. Both connected by a Trigger Systems 34 Gallon Sump, Reef Octopus Elite 200 skimmer, GHL Profilux P4 controller, GHL Doser, Geo CaRx, Carbon Doser, Kamoer Fx-stp Doser for CaRx, 48" 8 bulb ATI Sunpower and 48" Reef Brite XHO

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/biggies-build.169888/

Area of Strength in the hobby - Helping with the day to day operations of this club and website. Always try to remain teachable Hopefully, growing epic SPS in the future.

Years in the hobby - Joined this club way back in 2004 under a different screen name as I was just starting off in saltwater. Had freshwater tanks as a kid years prior.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - Probably playing video games, I'm a sucker for grinding GTA V and COD: Cold War currently.

Current Tank Photo -
PXL_20210105_034251953.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:

Cpage101

2019, 2020 BRS BOD
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @Cpage101

Current BRS Position - Board of Director

Real Name - Corey
F9E32F50-44B2-4903-949B-8AD0546C8A96.jpeg

Why I chose my screen name - (cpage101) I have had this screen name since the early days of AOL. I use this for all my accounts so I only have to remember 1 screen name.

Current Tank Specs - 120 Gallon All-Glass aquarium 48” x 24” x 24” I run 48” photon v2+ led with aquatic life T5 hybrid with (3) ATI blue + and (1) ATI coral+ The heart of the system is monitored by many neptune apex items. I run Trigger sapphire 34 sump with Deltec xi1000 skimmer.

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/ind...0g-build-emoji102.157400/page-12#post-1429014

Area of Strength in the hobby - Not sure if I have a real strength but I am very detailed and a little ocd to get to the bottom of issues. I do a lot of research and will not give recommendations if I have never done it myself or owned the specific piece of equipment.

Years in the hobby - 8 years- I Joined this club in 2013. I never had an aquarium before. I jumped in feet fist with a solid 2 weeks or research (not google!) my first build was a 55g saltwater system. which I then did a build of a 40G breeder before doing a tank transfer of them both to my current 120G system in 2017 I did have my share of ups and down as all reefers do, but in my short 8 years I have learned a lifetime of information.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - I enjoy other hobbies such as Mtn. biking, hiking, and building things I wish were already made.

Current Tank Photo - 1/12/21
81507AA6-ED13-4293-90C8-D336AA7F54C2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

scavdog

Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @scavdog

Current BRS Position - Vice President of Public Relations

Real Name - Joe

20201110_093608.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - (Scavdog) This name stretches wayyy back to the early days of Internet Relay Chat (IRC). Over the years it just stuck.

Current Tank Specs - 60 Gallon Custom Starfire Cube (24"x24"x24") tied into a 250 gallon sump and a 60 gallon frag tank.

Link to Build Thread -

Area of Strength in the hobby -
I've been doing this for years. I have strength in maintaining the attitude that I will always have something to learn.

Years in the hobby - 20. I started in freshwater in the late 90's after college. I jumped into reefkeeping in 2001. Around the same time I connected with @MoeK (George Washington of the BRS) on Reefs.org . By 2001 we were meeting up in parking lots and restaurants to trade frags with an ever-growing group of people. By early 2002 I had the honor of co-founding the Boston Reefers Society with a handful of the coolest hobbyists (in my humble opinion) in the area. I served as VP of PR from 2002-2004 and President from 2005-2007. I also served on MASNA board for 3 consecutive years.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - Family time, Cooking, Mountain Biking, Skiing/Riding, Kayaking and anything outdoors.

Current Tank Photo - 11/23/2020
20201123_171117.jpg

Edward

IG: @ed3aquatics 2021 BoD
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - Edward

Current BRS Position - BoD

Real Name - Edward/Eddie/Ed

picture of me.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - It is my actual name, if my previous answers didn't give that away yet ;)

Current Tank Specs - 20H with 2x AI Prime LEDs, Comline nano skimmer, AA UV Sterilizer and some unmarked nano powerhead I've had for 10 years.

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/and-im-back-20h-nano-build.170401/#post-1437028 (I promise I'll be updating it more regularly now that it is stable)

Area of Strength in the hobby - Water Chemistry and Micro/macrobiology

Years in the hobby - I've had Aquariums since I was 5 years old (25 years) and have had reefs for the past 10 years

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - I keep a lot of freshwater planted tanks and do a lot of planted tank design plus I'm big into terrestrial landscape architecture/design as well. I grew up being raised by a landscape designer/horticulturist so I guess it runs in my blood. I also play a bunch of instruments such as guitar and piano.

Current Tank Photo -
20210122_131607.jpg

Last edited:

Mixed Reefer

Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - Mixed Reefer

Current BRS Position - BOD

Real Name - Doug
Dogs.JPG

Why I chose my screen name - When I was researching and getting ready to dive into my first aquarium the mixed reef tank was my dream tank. When prompted to choose a screen name it was the first that came to mind.
Current Tank Specs -
Red Sea 425xl
two MP40 and Two MP10
Reef Octopus 200 Skimmer
Aquatic Life T5 fixture with 2each Blue Plus and 2 each actinic bulbs
Clear Water 100 Algae Scrubber
Neptune Apex Controller
4 each EcoTech Marine Radion XR15 G5 pro
Tunze Osmolator ATO
GFO and Carbon Reactor
Varios 6 DC pump
Link to Build Thread- n/a
Area of Strength in the hobby -I'm new to REEFING but I am full of passion. I love a challenge and will figure just about anything out. Area of strength would be that I love to help others and want to share my passion!
Years in the hobby - One year two months :rolleyes:
Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping -
I'm addicted to Remote Control Helicopters, so if its a nice day I'm probably out flying. I also enjoy my dogs and hiking.
Helicopter.JPG

Current Tank Photo - 1/21/2021
Updated tank.jpg

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @Chris A.

Current BRS Position - Vice President

Real Name - Chris - Don’t have any recent pics of me, all about my daughter now a days.

2A7C4FF3-6BD7-453A-B603-C0F5E0A88EAC.jpeg

Why I chose my screen name - It’s my name

Current Tank Specs - 40B that’s getting stocked slowly with sps. Running Reefbrite 250w MH and xho. GHL Profilux 4. Alkatronic. Lifereef skimmer. Mp40 and a tunze 6096 - still think I need more flow. Geos Reef CaRx

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/40-breeder-that-could.163991/

Area of Strength in the hobby - I’m in construction and like the hands on stuff.

Years in the hobby - Joined this club in 2004 , seams like forever ago.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping - I play Call of Duty when I have some free time from my 4 year old.

Current Tank Photo -
34CA3016-3B88-4EE9-8EAC-A547F37B3C69.jpeg

Last edited:

aresangel

Tim- 2020- Secretary, 2019 BRS President
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @aresangel

Current BRS Position - Secretary

Real Name - Tim Vaillancourt

image.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - Gamer tag from the early 2000's and my first clan I made in TFC/CS

Current Tank Specs - 72 Bowfront softie tank. 2x black box LED's, no water change since march 2019, no skimmer, jaboe gyre pump.

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/tims-72-bowfront-build.150648/

Area of Strength in the hobby - I like to drink with people at meetings and socialize.

Years in the hobby - Started reef keeping in 2015-16 Joined the community for the advice

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping - Sleeping (I have a two and 4 year old...)

Current Tank Photo -
F921E770-8AFA-4741-B50C-99BF8BE86E7B.jpeg

March Monthly Meeting

Featuring Keith Berkelhamer
(YouTube's ReefBum)

Wednesday March 10, 2021
7 PM On Zoom!