Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS Position - President

Real Name - Paul
IMG_20180701_140831.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - Years ago a friend and roommate gave me this name and it has since stuck. Probably has something to do with my 6'5" big guy stature.

Current Tank Specs - 100 Gallon Cadlights Artisan II 48x24x20 Display Tank, 80 Gallon Deep Blue Frag/Xtra Water Volume. Both connected by a Trigger Systems 34 Gallon Sump, Reef Octopus Elite 200 skimmer, GHL Profilux P4 controller, GHL Doser, Geo CaRx, Carbon Doser, Kamoer Fx-stp Doser for CaRx, 48" 8 bulb ATI Sunpower and 48" Reef Brite XHO

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/biggies-build.169888/

Area of Strength in the hobby - Helping with the day to day operations of this club and website. Always try to remain teachable Hopefully, growing epic SPS in the future.

Years in the hobby - Joined this club way back in 2004 under a different screen name as I was just starting off in saltwater. Had freshwater tanks as a kid years prior.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - Probably playing video games, I'm a sucker for grinding GTA V and COD: Cold War currently.

Current Tank Photo -
PXL_20210105_034251953.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:

Cpage101

2019, 2020 BRS BOD
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @Cpage101

Current BRS Position - Board of Director

Real Name - Corey
F9E32F50-44B2-4903-949B-8AD0546C8A96.jpeg

Why I chose my screen name - (cpage101) I have had this screen name since the early days of AOL. I use this for all my accounts so I only have to remember 1 screen name.

Current Tank Specs - 120 Gallon All-Glass aquarium 48” x 24” x 24” I run 48” photon v2+ led with aquatic life T5 hybrid with (3) ATI blue + and (1) ATI coral+ The heart of the system is monitored by many neptune apex items. I run Trigger sapphire 34 sump with Deltec xi1000 skimmer.

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/ind...0g-build-emoji102.157400/page-12#post-1429014

Area of Strength in the hobby - Not sure if I have a real strength but I am very detailed and a little ocd to get to the bottom of issues. I do a lot of research and will not give recommendations if I have never done it myself or owned the specific piece of equipment.

Years in the hobby - 8 years- I Joined this club in 2013. I never had an aquarium before. I jumped in feet fist with a solid 2 weeks or research (not google!) my first build was a 55g saltwater system. which I then did a build of a 40G breeder before doing a tank transfer of them both to my current 120G system in 2017 I did have my share of ups and down as all reefers do, but in my short 8 years I have learned a lifetime of information.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - I enjoy other hobbies such as Mtn. biking, hiking, and building things I wish were already made.

Current Tank Photo - 1/12/21
81507AA6-ED13-4293-90C8-D336AA7F54C2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

scavdog

Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @scavdog

Current BRS Position - Vice President of Public Relations

Real Name - Joe

20201110_093608.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - (Scavdog) This name stretches wayyy back to the early days of Internet Relay Chat (IRC). Over the years it just stuck.

Current Tank Specs - 60 Gallon Custom Starfire Cube (24"x24"x24") tied into a 250 gallon sump and a 60 gallon frag tank.

Link to Build Thread -

Area of Strength in the hobby -
I've been doing this for years. I have strength in maintaining the attitude that I will always have something to learn.

Years in the hobby - 20. I started in freshwater in the late 90's after college. I jumped into reefkeeping in 2001. Around the same time I connected with @MoeK (George Washington of the BRS) on Reefs.org . By 2001 we were meeting up in parking lots and restaurants to trade frags with an ever-growing group of people. By early 2002 I had the honor of co-founding the Boston Reefers Society with a handful of the coolest hobbyists (in my humble opinion) in the area. I served as VP of PR from 2002-2004 and President from 2005-2007. I also served on MASNA board for 3 consecutive years.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - Family time, Cooking, Mountain Biking, Skiing/Riding, Kayaking and anything outdoors.

Current Tank Photo - 11/23/2020
20201123_171117.jpg

Edward

IG: @ed3aquatics 2021 BoD
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - Edward

Current BRS Position - BoD

Real Name - Edward/Eddie/Ed

picture of me.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - It is my actual name, if my previous answers didn't give that away yet ;)

Current Tank Specs - 20H with 2x AI Prime LEDs, Comline nano skimmer, AA UV Sterilizer and some unmarked nano powerhead I've had for 10 years.

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/and-im-back-20h-nano-build.170401/#post-1437028 (I promise I'll be updating it more regularly now that it is stable)

Area of Strength in the hobby - Water Chemistry and Micro/macrobiology

Years in the hobby - I've had Aquariums since I was 5 years old (25 years) and have had reefs for the past 10 years

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping - I keep a lot of freshwater planted tanks and do a lot of planted tank design plus I'm big into terrestrial landscape architecture/design as well. I grew up being raised by a landscape designer/horticulturist so I guess it runs in my blood. I also play a bunch of instruments such as guitar and piano.

Current Tank Photo -
20210122_131607.jpg

Last edited:

Mixed Reefer

Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - Mixed Reefer

Current BRS Position - BOD

Real Name - Doug
Dogs.JPG

Why I chose my screen name - When I was researching and getting ready to dive into my first aquarium the mixed reef tank was my dream tank. When prompted to choose a screen name it was the first that came to mind.
Current Tank Specs -
Red Sea 425xl
two MP40 and Two MP10
Reef Octopus 200 Skimmer
Aquatic Life T5 fixture with 2each Blue Plus and 2 each actinic bulbs
Clear Water 100 Algae Scrubber
Neptune Apex Controller
4 each EcoTech Marine Radion XR15 G5 pro
Tunze Osmolator ATO
GFO and Carbon Reactor
Varios 6 DC pump
Link to Build Thread- n/a
Area of Strength in the hobby -I'm new to REEFING but I am full of passion. I love a challenge and will figure just about anything out. Area of strength would be that I love to help others and want to share my passion!
Years in the hobby - One year two months :rolleyes:
Favorite Hobby Outside of Reefkeeping -
I'm addicted to Remote Control Helicopters, so if its a nice day I'm probably out flying. I also enjoy my dogs and hiking.
Helicopter.JPG

Current Tank Photo - 1/21/2021
Updated tank.jpg

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @Chris A.

Current BRS Position - Vice President

Real Name - Chris - Don’t have any recent pics of me, all about my daughter now a days.

2A7C4FF3-6BD7-453A-B603-C0F5E0A88EAC.jpeg

Why I chose my screen name - It’s my name

Current Tank Specs - 40B that’s getting stocked slowly with sps. Running Reefbrite 250w MH and xho. GHL Profilux 4. Alkatronic. Lifereef skimmer. Mp40 and a tunze 6096 - still think I need more flow. Geos Reef CaRx

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/40-breeder-that-could.163991/

Area of Strength in the hobby - I’m in construction and like the hands on stuff.

Years in the hobby - Joined this club in 2004 , seams like forever ago.

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping - I play Call of Duty when I have some free time from my 4 year old.

Current Tank Photo -
34CA3016-3B88-4EE9-8EAC-A547F37B3C69.jpeg

Last edited:

aresangel

Tim- 2020- Secretary, 2019 BRS President
Officer
BRS Member
Screen Name - @aresangel

Current BRS Position - Secretary

Real Name - Tim Vaillancourt

image.jpg

Why I chose my screen name - Gamer tag from the early 2000's and my first clan I made in TFC/CS

Current Tank Specs - 72 Bowfront softie tank. 2x black box LED's, no water change since march 2019, no skimmer, jaboe gyre pump.

Link to Build Thread - http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/tims-72-bowfront-build.150648/

Area of Strength in the hobby - I like to drink with people at meetings and socialize.

Years in the hobby - Started reef keeping in 2015-16 Joined the community for the advice

Favorite Hobby Outside of Reef keeping - Sleeping (I have a two and 4 year old...)

Current Tank Photo -
F921E770-8AFA-4741-B50C-99BF8BE86E7B.jpeg

OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Removed commenting as this should have been locked prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
September 25, 2021

Coral Symposium

Saturday
September 25, 2021
12 to 4 PM!