Paul B's thread

Mine have got used to my hand since it feeds them but my sailfin algae blennie sneaks up behind the rocks and attacks my wrist and runs away waiting for my hand to stand still again. He's only two inches and scares the hell out of me lol

Your clown has learned that she likes the taste of human flesh. She has had a long time to perfect her piranha skills. You must be so proud of her!

It seems that some of my fish are living longer than they are supposed to, at least longer than I thought they were supposed to live.
I don't keep records or remember most of the birthdays of the Supermodels but I seem to have my male pipefish for quite a long time. I think he outlived 2 or 3 females. He may be 5 or 6 years old but I lost his birth certificate. That is long, I think for a blue stripe pipefish.

My yellow clown gobi may be even older and he also went through a couple of females. It could be the other way around because I am not sure which ones are the females of clown gobies as their eyelashes are the same size and they smell alike. I had breeding pairs of those but you really don't want that as they only lay their eggs on live acropora and kill it which is the reason I don't have any more acropora. They lay eggs every week and in a short time will kill a piece as large as a cantaloupe, Trust me. If you only keep one, they don't kill or even annoy anything and are perfect pets.

Two of my hermit crabs died a few years ago and they reached 12 years old. I don't know if that is old for a hermit crab or just teenagers. The few I have now are reaching that age but I don't keep track.
One of my bangai cardinals is past his supposed age by a year or two and my breeding pair of watchman gobies died at about 12 years old.

I am not sure how old my male mandarin is but he also went through 2 or 3 females. I killed my last one at about 10 years old so I know they can get at least that old. I am guessing maybe 15.

I don't have a lot of luck with these guys.

Here is the little devil with her eggs just above her killing an acropora.

These things I can keep anywhere from one hour to one day.

Forget clownfish, they are all on social security

Of course these guys are the easiest and never get ich.

Tomorrow I am going for acupuncture. I have a very Manly degenerative disk and if you live long enough and do more than carry protest signs and text, you may also get these old people things. Anyway almost all of your nerves go right next to your disks which were actually a mistake when they designed us because those disks are not really built too well. They are alright for the first 50 years but not so much after that.
I think pressure treated wood would have been better.

Our nerves should have been designed to go through aluminum tubes outside our body away from those disks. But I wasn't there when Al Gore invented nervous systems.
Anyway, when disks start to bulge or corrode they give you all sorts of problems depending on which nerves they press on. If it's your ear lobe nerve, you can get your ears pierced without any pain, but I don't do earrings.
It's not the end of the world and I can still do backflips. But only once.

I really don't believe in acupuncture, chiropractors, faith healers, witch doctors, herbalists, etc. I also don't have a lot of trust in real doctors unless you have an arrow sticking out of your head. If that is the case, they will know immediately what code to put on the form to send to your insurance company.
But my wife goes to this acupuncturist and she is kind of a Supermodel so I will try it. If nothing else at least I will be a little more porous, and poor as insurance companies frown on acupuncture. :rolleyes:

I've heard of this whole ad targeting thing but... seeing this on the boards makes me wonder.
99132a81a059a0118fed576bb6cc62a2.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It is true, I ain't no male model but I did marry a Supermodel. I am not exactly sure why she married me unless it was because she was lured by my fish tank. :rolleyes:

I had my acupuncture today. I am not sure exactly what, if anything it did, or didn't do.

I had four knee operations and 4 shoulder operations, The shoulder operations made me forget my knee pain so the trick is to keep hurting different parts of your body and you will forget exactly what hurts.
cool.png

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July.
We celebrated America's birthday from our boat as we usually do with good friends that we have had since high school.
Anchored in Port Washington we could see the fireworks from New York Harbor, The Bronx and Connecticut as well as over our heads in the harbor. Great weather and great night.

When you have kids that small that's the best thing to do. I remember that's what we used to do with our Daughter. Of course then we ended up on our boat which was much smaller then. :D

We just took the Grand Kids to Disney World.

Going to wait until she's around 5 to go to Disney. She's starting her swimming classes Friday. My wife can't swim and doesn't really want her in the water , but I think she's safer if she can handle herself

I would get her swimming as soon as you can. You never know when she will be in the water. Our Daughter was swimming right after she was born. We got her certified to SCUBA dive when she was 13.
Shes like a fish now.
Our Grand Kids are just learning

I collected a bunch more amphipods and mud yesterday as I was exploring the muddy tide pool. There are thousands of baby horseshoe crabs but the mud there is shoe sucking mud and you sink up to your knees and lose your shoes. I am surprised the crabs like it.
It's places like that which keeps horseshoe crabs abundant in the Long Island Sound but unfortunately, the horseshoe crabs are less every year. I used to see dozens of adults hanging around or mating. This year so far I have seen one adult.
Their muddy habitats are slowly disappearing to condo's and parking lots. The place I go is a wildlife preserve but it is only about 200 yards long which isn't real big and the part the crabs spawn in is not much larger than a medium size home.
Even the fiddler crabs are disappearing. I still find maybe a hundred or two there, but I used to see thousands.
I also have not seen a hermit crab there in a few years and they used to be very common.
I still collect mud there for the bacteria and I am sure that will always be available.

I collected a bunch more amphipods and mud yesterday as I was exploring the muddy tide pool. There are thousands of baby horseshoe crabs but the mud there is shoe sucking mud and you sink up to your knees and lose your shoes. I am surprised the crabs like it.
It's places like that which keeps horseshoe crabs abundant in the Long Island Sound but unfortunately, the horseshoe crabs are less every year. I used to see dozens of adults hanging around or mating. This year so far I have seen one adult.
Their muddy habitats are slowly disappearing to condo's and parking lots. The place I go is a wildlife preserve but it is only about 200 yards long which isn't real big and the part the crabs spawn in is not much larger than a medium size home.
Even the fiddler crabs are disappearing. I still find maybe a hundred or two there, but I used to see thousands.
I also have not seen a hermit crab there in a few years and they used to be very common.
I still collect mud there for the bacteria and I am sure that will always be available.
its really sad abouth the horseshoe crab .
i link this article to our Facebook page early today because by going to the beach this past weekend the only horseshoe crab we found adult was dead .
here its the link for who dont visit our facebook page

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...c3296387341_story.html?utm_term=.db2bba206a7c

i also collected some baby glass shrimp and mud this weekend and it was smelly and nasty but was fun . at least i know im not the only crazy one collecting mud ;)
people just pass by the mashland i was collecting this smelly mud and keep wondering and even taking pics because i was the only one in there :confused:. with my net and my bucket .

I know exactly how you feel. If I see a good looking girl, I put my head under the water. :rolleyes:

I know exactly how you feel. If I see a good looking girl, I put my head under the water. :rolleyes:

Lies... your probably construct a lifeguard tower out of driftwood and dental floss to save the super models from the fiddler crabs.
Again.. joking aside. This mud you speak of?? Goes right in the tank??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back