Search results

1. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Red macro growing, had been using it as a nutrient exporter and looked cool up until it detached and got shredded in pumps one night Got my prime hooked up frag tank, used the hydra 26 arm and plan to sell the hydra 26. Able to use the hardware from the hydra 26, not the prettiest but works...
  2. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Urchin has been mowing down algae, he didnt have to move far to fill up on algae haha Before After More Urching before Moved the small toadstool frag from high by sinularia to lower right, wasnt really growing much in last spot, id end up brushing my arm into when siphoning the back...
  3. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Picked up a tuxedo urchin, needed a algae grazer to replace my blenny that died a while back. Algae has been slowly growing and expanding its range. Have had two times where ive had increased algae growth after my lawnmower bleeny or urchin dies, usually have one in the tank for algae control...
  4. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Switched my lights around and cleaned up the vents, gotta make more of a habit of doing this. Didnt realize how dirty they have gotten Also looked at my tank hood and have to look at buying new one or making another. The ventilation in the hoods is not great and moisture is finally...
  5. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Thanks, I appreciate it!
  6. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Quick tank update and got some time to get together photos from our trip to some national parks back in september, Sequoia, Joshua Tree, and near death valley(Beaty, NV) got some red macro algae thats been growing fast, its shown up here an there throughout my tank but its growing on zoa tile...
  7. Bandit13

What are these corals worth?

Can try to trade into a shop, if your not in a big rush it never hurts to price high and lower price over time. Good Luck and nice looking corals
  8. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Thanks will have to give it a try!
  9. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Quick update. Good Growth going, black widow nem filling in and the long polyp toadstool in the bottom right has been growing huge. Might trade/sell it to open up more room, that or trim it to make frags. Doesnt seem like the easiest coral to frag, I like having corals that are easy to frag...
  10. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Nothing new really, waiting for cooler weather to sell off some frags on ebay. Will start up when im back from vacation. My scambled eggs zoas started experencing a similar fate to my other zoa frag, placed it in the spot my last frag and a week or two later they started closing up. Seems they...
  11. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Things have settled in well after moving a few things. My large rainbow nem in the display finally split, 3x fragments total. Because of the split the nems moved out of the crack/notch in my rockwork and i took the oppurtunity to remove them and switched out with my largest black widow...
  12. Bandit13

Aqua Illumination Schedule?

I run 2x AI primes on 65G display with softies and bubble tip nems. They are a bit older version than my sump Prime. First pic is display settings and bottom is my sump/nem propagation settings. My Hydra 26 i had i ran about 20% lower than primes, it seemed to burn up my softies when pushed...
  13. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Made some changes to the scape, sold off the two colt coral frags and opened up the right side of the tank. Unfotunate change with my yellow/goldish zoas taking a sudden downward turn, currently shriveled up. Opened up more space in the sump for the anemones to spread, up to 4x splits of the...
  14. Bandit13

65 gallon log

quick post about some of the cool stuff saw in Anna Maria Island FL
  15. Bandit13

24x24 Frag Tank Log

Frags seem to be growing now and the tank seems to be taking a positive turn now that things have been stable, just have some overflow frags of green paly and devils hand. My fresh water top off is dialed in making salinity and water level stable. Certainly isnt growing things like the main...
  16. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Some phone pics during weekly WC. Got the RO/DI filters changed out and back to regular changes after going to Anna Maria Island FL and some busy weekends. Did some fragging Going to remove the colt coral, in the process of fragging with zip ties. It seems to "win" most encounters with...
  17. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Some nem picks. Moved the black widow out of the dsiplay, it kept wandering around. Think it was getting pushed out by the bigger nems. Doing good in the sump and settled down fine. Cleaner shrimp seemed to have past, kinda just disappeared one day and the skimmer filled up fast over night...
  18. Bandit13

Thoughts on Bristle Worms

I got a tigertail cucumber that does great collecting junk under my rocks. Had him in sand and barebottom, collects it all and poops it in a pile haha. Also got bristle worms that help clean up food, detritus, etc. Main thing i hate about bristle worms is getting stung/stuck by them when...
  19. Bandit13

24x24 Frag Tank Log

Appreciate it! I do love that about it, it also fits the footprint of my light perfectly/efficiently too for my needs! My main 65g display i need the step to reach things at the bottom!
  20. Bandit13

24x24 Frag Tank Log

Installed a new drain pipe/valve to the frag tank, my prior one was pretty janky and had some seeps/salt creep. Super Glued and siliconed the seam some flexible vinyl tubing into the pvc pipe. Seem sturdy enough and has no leaks on the junction. Covered it in black electrical tape to cut down...
Back