Search results

1. J

Glue or Epoxy?

2 part epoxy might be another option. Super glue is handy, but not all that strong for stuff like this.
  2. J

Glue or Epoxy?

I don't know the material from looing at it. What is actually broken? Got a pic of that?
  3. J

Glue or Epoxy?

Any idea what kind of plastic? PVC glue, or weldon #16 may be effective depending on the kind of plastic.
  4. J

Better ball valve

Hayward makes some nice ones as sell.
  5. J

The struggle continues….

This might be useful in understanding how things drift using different Ca/Alk systems. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-a-two-part-alkalinity-and-calcium-system-works-and-why-it-matters.1044570/page-2#post-12360635
  6. J

Micro Bubbles

Kind of already covered but… -Micro bubbles in the water is usually from air getting into the pump intake ( exception being the occasional vortex at the water surface if an output is too high) -bubbles trapped in algae is often the first sign of dinos. -but little bubbles everywhere...
  7. J

High Alk Question

Asking to rule it out. Measurement errors happen, and with SG in particular devices sometimes drift and or have other issues. IF- by chance SG is elevated, then alk and everything else goes up as well. 8dkh goes up to 9 then 10 as salinity increases.
  8. J

Ques. (Question of the Day?) Kalkwasser Dosing

Kalk for my ATO, with high PH as a shut off safety, and using a peristaltic pump that’s only capable of delivering slightly more than my daily evaporation volume as a secondary safety. For many years I ran a kalk reactor with once daily stirring. Recently I (followed Randy’s long standing...
  9. J

What does everyone feed their corals?

Oh yea, and Phyto. Plenty of fresh phyto.
  10. J

Ohh, that might be a little too much information :D
  11. J

Ques. (Question of the Day) Purchasing Coral Locally

Dong, Frank, and other local reefers. I like that my entire system is locally grown with the exception of 2 fish and clean up crew.
  12. J

Mysis to feed fish, fish poop follows. Resist the urge to try to manage nitrate / phosphate via removal or traditional means. Let bacterial growth happen, corals feed on at least some of that bacterial growth, feed fish more, repeat...
  13. J

Does anyone dose Nitrate?

Yes.
  14. J

Sticky union

Nice. Plenty of pipe left there, easy to redo.
  15. J

Sticky union

You might be safer to cut and replace the plumbing if there is any concern of cracking the tank.
  16. J

Sold SOLD Instant slice of reef / garden $100

This has been sold. Thanks for the interest.
  17. J

WTB WTB Black Widow Nem

I have one of those smaller BWs that came from Frank. Probably more like 4". I like it, but could part with it to make some space....
  18. J

Adding dry rock to an established tank

I find adding new (dry/dead) rock goes a LOT better if I let it sit in my dark sump for a month or longer first. This way, the new rock gets a chance to develop some biological slime and micro fauna, so it's not just be a sterile surface that will attract nuisance everything. To use BRS (the...
  19. J

Sold SOLD Instant slice of reef / garden $100

Hi, Good question. I've been holding for the first person who was interested, but that seems to have stalled. I do still have it. I'll check in with the first person who was interested and get a status check. If they aren't able to take it, you are next in line. John
Back