Search results

1. cablez

Chinese fishing vessels are going scorched earth and pumping cyanide into contested waters, Philippine fishing authority says

Chyna is a blight on our environment. Yet here in the much much much much cleaner USA we have to use soggy friggin paper straws. Crazy
  2. cablez

Baby peppermint shrimp??

Amphipods bro :D
  3. cablez

Reefkeeping, Providence Area, & Septic Tanks

RO waste can be used in lawn like others said, also reused to wash non clothes in machine. Things like dog beds, filter socks, outside furnature covers. As for waste salt? Just dump it in the street, I live in Pawtucket, and just dump it off my deck onto my own side walk, and let it run into...
  4. cablez

Fun little Tank Overhaul

What EXACTLY does that smell like please???
  5. cablez

Led lights

@bettez8789 those LEDS, do not have much UV in them. Which maybe is making them look over bright to the eye. Since its a much more lighter blue color. As I mentioned above you can easily and somewhat cheaply grab maybe even ali express bars for supplemental UV, or AI blades for the UV.
  6. cablez

Led lights

You can toss an AI blade as supplemental light now tho......Also you can get the UV colored one to get that look you are after
  7. cablez

3-d printing "Gyre cloud"

Since the new cloud edition is showing that an aftermarket-ish add on can be made to modify flow. Could a 3-d printed one be made for much cheaper? Or for an add on for older series of these wavemakers? For Jebao even?
  8. cablez

Having a frustrating battle with hair algae

Do you turkey bastor the rocks out? Also what size tank and how many fish/inverts in there? If you are feeding a full cube+pellets a day. It looks like things arent getting eaten by the livestock. And instead fueled by the algae. I would do maybe 3 smaller feedings a day. Take that cube in the...
  9. cablez

Rock Flowers breeding

I have 3 rfa's adults in my tank at the moment.
  10. cablez

Rock Flowers breeding

Heyas all....anyone ever have Rock Flower nems breed/spawn??? Its hard to tell in the pics but all the little dots are baby rfa's...there is about 10+ thru the system I have seen/caught
  11. cablez

ID help

I have like 100 limpetts like this all over my tank. I dont have fish in my tank that ever ate them. Nor do I have a large cuc. So these guys reproduced and exploded in my ystem. They eat the algae off rocks glass, cyano, dinos....really they are quite amazing species of little snail. They can...
  12. cablez

ID help

Those look like they are limpetts....I have tons of them also....they are quite amazing. I have seen them literally eat ALL forms of diatoms, dinos, cyano....all that really really good little snails
  13. cablez

Reefing nightmares

How about buying an expensive Redsea aquarium...then having the seam split like all of them are starting to do? Thats a catastrophe.
  14. cablez

Water flow

Then as things grow...you have to adjust the flow to accommodate for growth........Seems like its always going to be a changing constant in my opinion. I am having this struggle now on my 30 breeder....with a LPS mainly display. Getting the flow dialed in for torches has been a pain in my azz
  15. cablez

Paul B's thread

Doesnt the lateral line also help with hunting? This is likely why eels have such a long lateral line. Because also arent they very poor eyesight?
  16. cablez

Filtration Suggestions

Hob overflow, and make a sump........? Then you can refugium, skimmer, and all that crap?
  17. cablez

30g cube

jebao slw5=nero3 for 1/3 the price. I hate companies that rip people off because a "name" I will not ever support a "brand name" dont give a shizzle what they "do for the hobby" All are in for profits....so I will take the company ,making less off of me. Just my own opinion
  18. cablez

Make your whole display tank a frag rack!

Now the feds for sure are gonna have ur prints bro!!!
  19. cablez

All Set Looking for a frag saw

Not to be a thread hijacker....but check this DiY idea....it's for lapidary....but that can be salt waters flowing thru that to drip on the coral.
  20. cablez

Ann. What do we all want from Boston Reefers Society?

Meme's dude......I want millions of memes and gifs @_@
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back