Search results

1. J

My naughty guy in a timeout.

You should give it a try, just be prepared to separate them if things don't improve when you put them back together. Again, size is largely irrelevant. How long was the small one without a mate?
  2. J

My naughty guy in a timeout.

Are you sure they're not both female? It doesn't matter if they're small, given enough time unpaired male clowns turn female, and this process is non-reversible. Two females will never get along.
  3. J

Been a long week...

I encased the metal tip of the probe in a few layers of cyanoacrylate glue before I first used it. After a year and a few months I see no signs of deterioration. I only had thin cyanoacrylate glue at the time, but if you were to use a thick one, such as your typical coral glue, one layer should...
  4. J

Been a long week...

I highly recommend this https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Max-1200W-Temperature-Controller-Greenhouse/dp/B01HXM5UAC/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2FLL3RLL99NQK&keywords=inkbird+temperature+controller&qid=1583850381&sprefix=ink+bird%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-5 It will beep when temperature is too high or too low, and it...
  5. J

Been a long week...

Hey look on the bright side, your heater decided to go out the one day that the temperature reached 70 degrees. For a heater dying in the middle of MA winter that's not that bad
  6. J

asterenia starfish

I think the point with cutting legs off is to allow the starfish to regenerate them so you don't keep buying and killing starfish
  7. J

asterenia starfish

I have some but they don't seem to be multiplying. I don't know if the species I have just doesn't multiply quickly or something about my tank grows coral but not starfish
  8. J

Help/recommendation - which UV Sterilizer fit Red Sea Reefer 170

I'm selling an Aqua UV 15W sterilizer (https://aquaultraviolet.com/product/advantage-2000-uv-15-watt-barb-x-barb-unit/) for $70. It's recommended for reefs up to 75 gallons, should be more than enough for your system.
  9. J

Mushroom on a rampage HELP!

I've heard mushrooms are tasty in stir frys :D I've been able to cut small triangles of rock with pliers and the mushroom did not regrow as long as I cut the part of the rock where the mouth was anchored. Of course it depends on the type of shroom. Yumas seem easier to control than rhodactis
  10. J

Free just came back if anyone has extra stuff id app it

Hey I'm moving to California and selling everything. If you're interested in all my coral rocks or my full system listed on marketplace I can give them to you half off. I'm also selling a pair of super high quality 20 gallon chemical grade barrels with tops for $60. One is fitted with a float...
  11. J

Need help

How about attaching them to a small rock first in a low flow area of the tank, and once they're attached rest the rock to the back wall and have them spread?
  12. J

Advice on placement of ricordea

It may help to explain what you mean when you say you had not had any luck. What negative sympoms is it exhibiting?
  13. J

ID this please.

I've had 5 peppermint shrimp for 8 months now. Never bothered my bastos, hammers, acans, micromussas, or even zoas that some people complain about. Just make sure they're actually peppermints, not camels which are sometimes mislabeled as peppermints.
  14. J

Moving - advice needed

Why is this thread marked "reef deal"? When you say do a water change the day before, do you mean that you'll transport the water to the new place? If so keep that water moving. While freshly made salt mix will not go bad if left to stand still, water out a living reef with all the suspended...
  15. J

None gold gold torch?

Nice snail holder :D
  16. J

Free Come and Get It, I'm Done

Hahaha where was this post of April fools day? This is the funniest post I've ever seen on this forum, hats off to you @BiGGiePauls33!
  17. J

Free BRS Led Lit Refractometer

@BiGGiePauls33 it never hurts to have a backup method to measure/sanity check important parameters.
  18. J

Can torch corals touch?

If they're clones no problem.
  19. J

Fish suggestion

I think this is one of those fish where your mileage may vary. Check the following video at 24:00, for a story of a trigger eating 12 cleaner shrimp :oops:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back