Search results

1. Jessi

Sold 75 gallon tank, stand, and sump

PM'd. Now actually available in late January (moving sucks).
  2. Jessi

Free Toadstools

One green* colony remains! Priority goes to anyone who can pick it up in Somerville this evening. * Type 2, pictured on the left
  3. Jessi

Free Toadstools

(Secretly, this joke gets even nerdier)
  4. Jessi

Gone Large GSP colony

Gone!
  5. Jessi

Free Toadstools

"Diogenes", I said, "you have come down further in the world." The hermit crab sat on a toadstool, smoking a tiny hookah and regarding me coolly. At length it spoke. "I never did find an honest man. I took to the sea. A shell is a more fitting home than that old cask. And this" - one eyestalk...
  6. Jessi

Gone 48" T5 lamps - 420nm, 460nm

Gone!
  7. Jessi

Gone Large GSP colony

In a different universe I would have a number of tanks, and one would be centered on this outrageously large green star polyp colony, a resplendent island of tiny hands waving over a sea of confining sand. A cnidarian Napoleon on a seamount St. Helena. In that universe, I am not moving this...
  8. Jessi

Gone 48" T5 lamps - 420nm, 460nm

I have two lamps available for free. Pickup in Somerville. Both packages are labeled: Current "Slimpaq Extreme" High Output T5 48" 54W actinic replacement lamp One is model #2141. Peaks at 420nm. The other is model #2135. Peaks at 460nm. Lamps appear to be new in box and undamaged. A...
  9. Jessi

Sold 75 gallon tank, stand, and sump

All about 2 years old and in good condition. I'd prefer to sell everything together, but I'm willing to sell individual items if no one wants the lot. $400 OBO pick up in Somerville MA 75 gallon tank (48" x 18" x 21", glass, MarineLand Corner-Flo black), with hinged glass lids metal stand...
  10. Jessi

Coral ID

Well, a quick search says it's definitely not leptospirosis, but it does look like leptoseris. Thanks all!
  11. Jessi

Coral ID

I picked this up at a BRS frag swap about a year ago. Does anyone recognize it? For scale, that piece is about 1" across. It's mostly stony with a thin layer of flesh. It expands horizontally, but stays pretty flat and close to the skeleton. The polyps all seem connected - I've never...
  12. Jessi

Captive vs wild caught mandarins...

I think captive bred is better, for a few reasons. Survival: A captive-bred mandarin will be MUCH more likely to eat frozen food. I don't have to worry about my mandarin starving because it will happily eat the same frozen food I feed the rest of my fish (it particularly likes mysis shrimp)...
  13. Jessi

Gone Toadstools and gorgonians

What's a "softie grow out contest"? How does one donate or participate?
  14. Jessi

I've received a bunch of messages and am coordinating with people individually to pick them up. So, I still have 3 toadstools in my tank, but I think they're all ~claimed.
  15. Jessi

1. Green toadstools (Sarcophyton sp.) Healthy and hardy. Six available: one on a round frag base, five anchored to bits of rubble. 2. Gorgonians Healthy, fast-growing, easy to frag, and will try to gradually encrust anything they touch. Four chunks are available, 10-20cm high. This was one...
  16. Jessi

April 20th Meeting, Taunton and Tank Tour!

Hi! I'm new to the club and would like to come to the meeting. How does the frag swapping work? Do people just bring random pieces to trade? What sorts of corals are popular? I have a bunch of small green toadstools. Anyone interested?
Back