Search results

1. jdeb101

Thoughts on Bristle Worms

Did the clown fish survive?
  2. jdeb101

Mechanical Filtration

I'm curious if any besides me run their tanks without any means of mechanical filtration? My display dumps down directly into my sump with no filter sock or other method of mechanical filtration. I suppose all I have is my water changes (roughly 25% once per month usually). When I perform...
  3. jdeb101

Instant Ocean Holdfast epoxy

Why not just buy/use the marine epoxy from your hardware store? I thought years back I found out it was actually same stuff, reef safe, and cheaper no?
  4. jdeb101

Live Phytoplankton available

Hi Dong. Do you have any live phyto available?
  5. jdeb101

Apogee MQ-510 PAR Meter | Borrowing for BRS Members

I may be interested in getting in line behind you. I'm located in Burlington.
  6. jdeb101

Fuzzy Algae on rock

Thanks for looking into it Biggie! Still no certainty what it is or how to treat from what I read. Perhaps also worth mentioning, is I did have a patch of some red slime algae/bacteria on one area that I brushed off yesterday during my water change. No recent additions or big changes to tank...
  7. jdeb101

Fuzzy Algae on rock

8. jdeb101

Fuzzy Algae on rock

Anyone able to help ID and recommend fix for this algae that’s all over my rock? It’s very short, translucent color, and doesn’t appear to have any air bubbles in it. Params: 1.026 Alk: 10dkh Calc: 490 Phosph: 0 Nitrate: 0 Perhaps related, I’ve had minimal to none growth for the longest time...
  9. jdeb101

Cool New Episodes of the Worlds Largest In Home Reef tank! 17,000 Gallons

I binge watched all the polo reef episodes last night. All I can say to everyone is it is everything you wish “Tanked” was.
  10. jdeb101

Event Boston Reefers Presents: FragsGiving 2022

I’m so bummed I won’t be able to make this (I’ll be in FL). :( Been in the hobby for 15+ years and always had great admiration for Andrews tank, knowledge, and passion. And of course Dong has not only been a great book of knowledge, but his farm beats any LFS as far as quantity, quality, and...
  11. jdeb101

Basement flooring

I could... but the issue is I don’t have any immediate plans for tank so not sure on placement and size just yet. Beautiful looking tile btw. I guess my alternative is to build an in-wall tank where my office is going that will sit on the unfinished side concrete. I guess I’ll give my wife the...
  12. jdeb101

Basement flooring

My current plan is to use the underlayment floor and rigid foam for walls that will all create a vapor barrier to help with dampness/humidity. I get that tile is superior in regards to strength and potential water damage, but my wife gave a firm no on that and I need to make her happy too. Lol
  13. jdeb101

Basement flooring

Thanks for the input guys. I probably should check out the underlayment specs to see how much load it says I suppose. I was initially leaning towards the dricore underlayment panels, but one area of concern I had was of water (ie an aquarium leaking) on the top soaked into the osb.
  14. jdeb101

Basement flooring

I’m in the process of refinishing my basement and researching flooring options. I’m currently leaning towards using this dimpled vapor barrier underlayment, and then laying vinyl or laminate plank flooring over it. My question is, how would this hold up with a heavy aquarium on top? I have no...
  15. jdeb101

Petco sea hare

Also had one in Woburn Petco on Sunday.
  16. jdeb101

Sold Pink Gorgonian

Bump. Generous sizes for the price!
  17. jdeb101

Sold Pink Gorgonian

Bump. Note that this is an old pic of it, it’s prob 4X larger now.
  18. jdeb101

Sold Pink Gorgonian

oops! Haha
  19. jdeb101

Sold Pink Gorgonian

Need to trim this guy back. Easy to care, fast grower. Can make frags various sizes, $10 and up depending on size you’d like. PU Burlington or mutually agreed upon location. Thanks.
Back