Search results

1. newenglandreef

AI Hydra Question

I have. I can try it again, but it's been happening since I got them.
  2. newenglandreef

AI Hydra Question

Hello fellow reefers-- I have 2x AI Hydra HD (52?). When using the app to set them, sometimes within minutes or sometimes within a day, all of my settings revert to 60 for every part of the spectrum. It's driving me crazy. Anyone have this problem and/or know what in the world to do at...
  3. newenglandreef

What do you feed you SPS and how often?

Usually nothing, but some duncans, acans and others will surely take some misis. I used to feed them all the time--turn off your flow and use a baster to feed them. It's pretty cool watching them eat.
  4. newenglandreef

Fish Won't Swim in Water Column

I don't see him chasing anyone who comes out--just when I put a new fish in. He is big though, so he is intimidating. I would hate to believe it is him, but I want him out if it is.
  5. newenglandreef

Fish Won't Swim in Water Column

Hello all-- I haven't signed on here for a while. Sorry if you've tried to reach me. I went to Europe this summer--and had someone watch my tank. Never a good idea. More or less wiped out my tank but for the fish. Anyhow, I am rebuilding. All the fish--except two--are always in the rocks...
  6. newenglandreef

What to do with used carbon?

Do you mean compost in the garden? Does that work? Can I just sprinkle in my garden? It seems like it would pull my fertilizer out??
  7. newenglandreef

Free Free xenia

Dong, will you be around at about 3-4 today, would love to stop by, grab some xenia and catch up? I'm coming from Woburn.
  8. newenglandreef

Reef Deal Petco $1 per gallon sale

Nah, just for a sump. I drilled a 90 before x3, was pretty easy with the diamond bit.
  9. newenglandreef

I getting bored with my tank...

Do you have any fish? I can spend all day watching fish swim.
  10. newenglandreef

Lighting for my 120

Hard to say, because I have the mount but not the rails, which I can't find in stock anywhere, so they are on the glass. But I think they will cover once I get them mounted. the tank is 2x2x4. My profile has them only in the 60's, maybe up to 80. Definitely not maxed out.
  11. newenglandreef

Lighting for my 120

I've got a 120 with just two 26 hydras, do you think that's not enough?
  12. newenglandreef

Funny they only go up to 29G in the ad, but surely I got my 40 for a dollar a gallon, and the guy specifically told me the 75 was $75, because I was considering going with the 75.
  13. newenglandreef

Sorry just saw this-- if the sale is still going, it does apply to the 55 and 75. For a new tank, the dollar per gallon is a pretty good deal. Great if you need a sump.
  14. newenglandreef

Petco is still holding their $1 per gallon tank sale, just picked up a breeder for $40. The one in Natick on Worcester St. has 10, 20, 40, 55 and 75's in stock.
  15. newenglandreef

Bryopsis/Hair Algae/TechM

My whole tank spread with hair algae. I ran a phosban reactor for two weeks--not a trace of it left. Just starve it out.
  16. newenglandreef

Phosphate Reactor and Hair Algae

Definitely needs to tumble, but only about half way up the column per B. Also, he recommended, after washing it, running the FO overnight through disposable RO water, because he said it can mess with you ALK a little. Telling you, I'm amazed how it's just falling off rocks. I'm worried...
  17. newenglandreef

Phosphate Reactor and Hair Algae

So I had a horrible hair algae outbreak. B set me up with a phosphate reactor, and within two weeks, it has literally cut my hair algae in half. It's literally starving it and dying off. Just figured I would pass that info along. Using Ferric Oxide in the reactor. Stan
  18. newenglandreef

good place to buy inverts

John with reef cleaners is great...though, I must say, it's a long trip from Florida. I don't have a good survival rate. He'll be happy to replace them for free--but you can only open dead snails so many times. It's also been crazy cold this winter.
  19. newenglandreef

Q: overflow not catching up to return all of a sudden?

Not a single valve, but now it started catching up. I took a coat hanger and cleared out the drain--but, I didn't see anything flow through the clear tubing below. Complete mystery, but it's working now...? Thanks for the thoughts!
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back