Search results

1. Cheddah93

Ques. (Question of the Day?) clean up crew acclimation and quarantine.

I do not quarantine anything or acclimate anything beyond temp and drop… cleanup crew corals and fish included. I’m sure I’m playing with fire but it just works for me. I’ve done it with a $5 fish and a gem tang when they were $1200 and still have them all.
  2. Cheddah93

Who uses a light shade??

I 3d printed some for my radions g6 pros but, like stated above just to keep the light out of my eyes on the front and sides of each light leaving the middle and back open and don’t see any difference on the front and side glass algae wise here. Pictures attached for reference, I only printed...
  3. Cheddah93

FS 8 inch gem tang for 650

Looks like he posted it for 650 if I’m understanding his first post correctly.
  4. Cheddah93

Show me your sump

Messy but it gets the job done.
  5. Cheddah93

Derasa Clam Care

Yea they few I’ve raised ranged from 1-2”… Got one currently that about 6” that started at 1” ish, it was one of the smallest ones I’ve seen. And as far as feeding goin typically when I remember. Ranges from everyday to every other day, honestly haven’t noticed a difference in rate of growth or...
  6. Cheddah93

Derasa Clam Care

I’ve raised a few with zero issues… don’t do anything special, just feed phyto on the regular and lots of Coral food of which idk matters but all done via broadcast feedings. I’ve thrown them in par range of 150-200 and they’ve moved themselves slightly on the sand bed to accommodate the flow...
  7. Cheddah93

What heater is everyone using?

switched to Helios titanium heaters 6 months ago, so far so good and a .2 temp swing is nice. Quality feel on everything aswell
  8. Cheddah93

ABC reagent

I’ve just started using it recently and have noticed far superior consistency with the calcium and magnesium readings, like stated above. Before using it I could only trust my alkalinity on the trident, but all 3 are staying a lot more consistent now which is making me feel better on relying a...
  9. Cheddah93

Dosing 2 part

Have you tested magnesium? Low mag can allow the precipitation of alk and calcium. And look on heater and pumps for a white precipitation is typically first spots you would see it other than a sand bed turning hard as a rock which you don’t have.
  10. Cheddah93

Red Sea reefer lid options

+1 on clear view, love mine, great quality.
  11. Cheddah93

Redsea salt

I know jays aquatics carries it local to me in southern Nh
  12. Cheddah93

Sold Kamoer fx-stp 2 Wifi

Like the title says I have a kamoer fxstp perstaltic doser for sale, perfect for calcium reactors. I’ve had it running @15ml/min (slow) for about 4 months now. Never used the WiFi part, just used the turn knob right on the front for adjustments. Switched over to a versa as a got a couple in a...
  13. Cheddah93

Apex to support mobius

Like stated above mobius is a piece of junk, hopefully this will allow a reliable connection… imma snag one as soon as it is released. Can’t even connect to my Vortechs for feed mode nor versas for awc 90% of the time
  14. Cheddah93

Reef Dip Advice

I’ve had that happen with all the acros Ives dipped in the Red Sea dip, they’ve either turned brown or paled out and then slowly got the color back over the course of a few weeks. I would just give it normal acro conditions, light and flow and give it time personally.
  15. Cheddah93

Looking for 3D printer recommendations

Ive been very happy with it. Haven’t had a single adhesion issue which a lot of people complain about. Prints petg perfectly fine, does have small boogers here and there sometimes or small stringyness aswell which easily pop off but and doesn’t compromise print quality. Of which if I play with...
  16. Cheddah93

I thought the same thing but by the time you buy the direct drive extruder, auto level compensation, pei print sheet bed, silent motherboard ect. You’ll be at roughly the same price point and less noisy unit, less tinkering right off the bat and be printing within 20mins from box to assembly...
  17. Cheddah93

If you bump your budget up $29 in favor for the ender 3 s1 from microcenter for $279, it wouldn’t be a bad idea. I’m happy with the one I got with all great prints. From the research I’ve done it seems to be far superior in the ender 3 series of printers and prints petg perfectly.
  18. Cheddah93

What’s the DKH in your effluent?

Like stated above the effluent rate is another big factor. I like to run a higher dkh effluent but slower flow through it personally. So my numbers are 30dkh effluent @ ph 6.3-6.4 with reborn, with a 20ml/min effluent rate. My theory behind the slower flow is to put less low ph effluent in the...
  19. Cheddah93

Sold Orphek Icon Light

Bump 650 shipped for light only, that way distance isn’t the problem.
Back