Search results

1. pbienkiewicz

What size pump

So I have had some major life changes happen to me this month and I will have to move out at the end of the year or hopefully sooner. This means that I need to take down my 90 gallon tank and I am going to lose my fish room in the basement. Eventually after I get settled down I am looking to put...
  2. pbienkiewicz

"Lost pigment" on Johanni Cichlid...What is it?

How is his lip looking today? So it is not ripped open from a fighting with another Cichlid or look like cotton on his mouth?
  3. pbienkiewicz

Recurring memberships

Oops, My membership payment was made on October 30th but I am showing as a non-member. I thought I changed the reoccurring membership a while ago. transaction number - 9DV52801EC2903452
  4. pbienkiewicz

Paw paw season

I have planted several of these trees but I can not get them to grow! My peach trees do well though.
  5. pbienkiewicz

Free I just moved, so that means free accidental frags

It is heart breaking to have a show piece break like that.
  6. pbienkiewicz

Salt on sale on Amazon

If you can only order 3 boxes just go to Tuan's house on Monday to get a box of salt... smh....lol
  7. pbienkiewicz

New here

Welcome aboard. Where are you from?
  8. pbienkiewicz

plumbing, parts needed

If you are not sure take the parts with you to Home Depot or Lowes so you can match them up and see how you want it plumbed.
  9. pbienkiewicz

Question

I have used ceramic tiles too or you can go to Michaels Craft store and buy the clay pots for cheap. With the ceramic tile I drilled a hole in each tile and used fishing line to hold them together. Put one in the tank and the other outside of the tank to counter balance it. Then you can adjust...
  10. pbienkiewicz

FFM Frag Farmers market

Greg spent some of my money on Seahorses! I saw that PEA's had seahorses.
  11. pbienkiewicz

Cloudy water using Reef Crystals

I would use it. As the tank cycles you are going to have to do water changes anyways. Before you are adding anything to the tank you are going to have to test it anyways. In with the new and out with the old. Why waste it.
  12. pbienkiewicz

my clowns are spawning I'm a clownfish grandfather

Hopefully you can get them to lay eggs on something that you can remove and place into a separate tank. My clowns use to lay eggs on a tile I placed in the corner of the tank. The tiles were held together with fishing line and one was placed in the tank and the other outside of the tank. You...
  13. pbienkiewicz

African cichlid tank pics

They are beautiful fish. Years ago, I use to breed different types of Chichlids. Africans, Tanganyika cichlids, triple red cockatoo, and kribensis. You could make them all male or female depending on the PH of the water. I do not miss the grow out tanks everywhere lol.
  14. pbienkiewicz

New Bulbs E5's

So I am sure some of you have received the E-mail from Marine Depot about these new bulbs. I wonder how well they are. Up to a 8 year life span. http://www.marinedepot.com/Euroquatics_E5_Retrofit_T5_LED_Lamps_Blue_Pop_T5_Fluorescent_Light_Bulbs_for_Aquariums-Euroquatics-5U05947-FILTBUT5-vi.html
  15. pbienkiewicz

New 120g for Christmas

I have a 75 gallon tank upstairs and it flows down into my basement sump room. The sump is a 40 gallon breeder tank that I got from Petco and I drilled it myself. It is not hard to do and there are many videos on it. The biggest thing is take your time and let the drill do the work. Do not apply...
  16. pbienkiewicz

can my sand be to big

What is your Magnesium level at? Maybe raise it up to 1600 or 1700?
  17. pbienkiewicz

can i use this silicone

Yes you can. I have used that type before to secure baffles in my sump.
  18. pbienkiewicz

Blitzburggirl- YES I'm a Steelers fan.

I use to be a fellow Clintonian. Now I am out in Hudson. Welcome aboard.
  19. pbienkiewicz

Looking for a video to install T5 retro kit

How big is the tank? Stick with the 4 bulb configuration. You know that if you only do two bulbs you are going to wish you did four. lol Depending on the ballast you have you may have extra wires so just put a wire nut on them because they are not needed. It is not that hard to wire it up.
  20. pbienkiewicz

Looking for a video to install T5 retro kit

Try this. http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/media/uploads/Vue660_Maunal-2.jpg
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back