100gal stocktank sump ideas

ericmweath

he lives on green in wbrn
i just purchased from stingythingy45 a 100 gallon stocktank and was looking for ideas on setting it up. I would greatly appreciat any help or pics thank you

Here is mine. I got a tuff box and put two 1" uni-seals int it at about 7" added a 45 angle on the inside to rotate to adjust the water level in the box. That box sits on 2 milk creates. I also started making a pvc frame around the sump to help keep wires and hoses a little more organized.

DSC_0072.jpg

One thing that has worked out well so-far for me in my 100 gallon sump is to use a 5 gallon bucket placed in the sump full of sand as the deep sand bed rather than adding sand directly in the sump. That way you can remove the bucket if you ever suspect a problem. I also used one of the small rubermade waste baskets for the drains to the sump with large holes cut in it at the running water line. It keeps splashing and any bubbles under contol.

Dave

I also run my drains into a wastebasket. This elimanates bubbles in the sump.

159.jpg

Last edited:
Gee,maybe I should have taken you to the fish room,Eric.
Anyways here's my 70 gallon stock tank.Not a 100 gal.,but you get the idea.
Don't need a waste basket for bubbles on this system.The ASM G2 is fed buy the overflow(recirc).
I only use the reverse durso on the right to lower the bubbles in the skimmer so I can remove the collection cup without spilling any that building in the riser tube.
The plastic 2 gallon water jug is a Ghetto kalk drip system(rarely use).

Attachments

• IMG_0043copy.JPG
    IMG_0043copy.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the input and pics. its always nice to see how everyone's setup is so you can steal a little from everyone

Gee,maybe I should have taken you to the fish room,Eric.
Anyways here's my 70 gallon stock tank.Not a 100 gal.,but you get the idea.
Don't need a waste basket for bubbles on this system.The ASM G2 is fed buy the overflow(recirc).
I only use the reverse durso on the right to lower the bubbles in the skimmer so I can remove the collection cup without spilling any that building in the riser tube.
The plastic 2 gallon water jug is a Ghetto kalk drip system(rarely use).

i wish we both had more time to talk shop and check out your fish room in time ill post some pics of my setup. thanks Bob

Anyone thought about adding baffles to their stock tank? I saw one with baffles on RC. The guy held them in place with spray can foam.

Back