Free 14" Engineer Goby Rochester NH

ChrisNH

BRS Member
I have a 14" Engineer Goby that has exceeded the size of my 40 gallon tank. She doesn't seem to care, but she is really making it difficult in my little tank. I am happy to give her away free to a good home. We do like the fish, just big. Now that I have finally solved (knock on wood) my dino problem I want to restock with smaller fish.

Word of Warning: This is an Engineer Goby. She WILL re-arrange the gravel around her burrow. For me that is my entire tank. For a larger tank it should be less of an issue. It was really cute when she was 1", I received her as a tiny "neon goby" LOL. She has gone from a kid playing in the sand to a back hoe.

I am located in Rochester NH.
1689127171147.jpeg

IMG_3880.jpg

Last edited:
I gave one about the same size. Boy can they move the sand around! Fun to watch, but your rock work needs to solidly on the bottom glass or it will topple.

our rock work needs to solidly on the bottom glass or it will topple.
Yeah good point. Mine is fortunately. Also, corals near the sand bed can get buried. Rip colony of Zoa's whose only crime was to be on a low rock in front of the burrow.

I am not doing much of a sell job here.

Not the best, but did what I could and added to original post with a remarkably camera shy fish. Will update when I catch her napping in the back. Too close to feeding right now when she likes to be in a rock tunnel with her head poking out. Somehow.

Willing to drive pretty much anywhere in New England to rehome. Its summer so water temp should not be an issue.

She would object to being called a monster but has a mouth full of sand.

Back