14 gal bio cube

SeaWolf229

Non-member
I got a great deal today at Petco in Auburn, 14 gal biocube for 119.99!!!! Got home and was setting it up. Couldnt figure out why the PC's wernt turning on. On closer look, they wernt plugged in. After a quick trip to harbor freight (didnt have a thin screwdriver) everythings working. All I have in it right now is 10 lbs of live sand. Any sugestions would be welcomed.

nice deal! you can hide all your equipment in the back champers also I would try to mod the slits on the false wall for better surface skimming

Ive wanted one for a while and now the fun begins. How much live rock shuld I add? What corals will do good? its got 2x24 pc for lighting, so its about 3.4 w per gallon. It shure looks alot better than my last build. Cant wait for it to start.

go with enough that will make you happy with your aqua scape. I normally add just enough sand to where the plastic trim on the bottom of the tank is. Also with PC lights stick with softies like zoa's and paly's acans etc...
I'm all about having nano tanks so if you need help PM me or we can chat here

Thanks I deff will do that. Im gonna let it run for a week or two with just live sand. Waiting for my cell on here to either sell or trade for live rock.Tried to post pics but Im getting an error, pic file too large.

Just a quick Q? How long does it normaly take for coraline algie to start to grow? On my live rock, there was some small spots of it, now its spread about a quarter of the top of the rock. And can someone tell me how to "shrink" my pics so I can post them?

biocube-1.jpg

thank you, redid the rockwork, but thanks again for the live rock. maby in two weeks I can get some fire and ice from you

Just a Q? I finally recived the recplacement bulbs from oceanic, The 10,000 k looks to yellow can I just use 2 Actnic lights?

Nice deal on the tank and great start! But The question is... Why is this in the DIY forum instead of a general forum? No offense but DIY is in reference to something you have made or modified and would like to show it off and explain how you made or modified it! No offense to your posts its just a question :)

Tank is cycled!!! Need some advice on my poor choice of fish. I think made a bobo on my fish. I cycled the tank with a yellow 2 line chromis, Then on impulse bought a saddle back Psudo. Beautiful colors but didnt realise I cant keep shrimp with it. Then got a 2 line blenny. Ate every bit of algie I had in the tank, now it is taking mouthfuls of sand and spitting it out on everything. Was thinking of trading these in. Need advice on what to get.

So I sold the fish today. I got a Hi fin red banded goby and a red striped pistol shrimp! The weird thing was the goby was in the Fluval tank with the sea horses at petco Auburn. When I went to buy it it came up not for sale at this location? Wondering if this was a pair at one time orignally. Got both for under 30.00. As soon as they both were in the tank they both dissapeared. The shrimp is in the back of the tank, the goby on the other side.I am wondering how long it will take them to find each other. I acclamated them togather and let them both go in the tank on there own.Was gonna try to get pics but where they are I cant even see them, lol

Back