20 gal AIO dual overflow idea, need feedback

sdexcalibur1

Fish junkie
Thinking about a 20 gal 24x12x12(think) with dual overflows one on each side, offset too, so the overflow will drain in the front on the right side and on the left from the back if that makes sense. The returns would be 2 maxi 900, or similar, doing it this way to keep it symmetrical, don't like the look of the one sided AIO's. Not sure about the top yet, but that's what i have so far, do you see any flaws? any input? Thanks
Steve

The overflow in the front would obstruct the view pretty badly. Also two overflows in a tank that size will use up a lot of space.

Also, I'd probably use something other than a MJ as a pump. They are good powerheads, but if you want something solid and reliable you'd be better off with a little external (ie iwaki MD20). I don't think there's any real benifit in running two seperate pumps, but you certainly could do it.

Otherwise, yes it's perfectly dooable. I put dual overflows in my 20L refugim, but I did so because I wanted to direct the drains in different directions to feed into two different tanks.

If you really want the dual overflows, I bet it would look pretty cool to put one on each end and make them in an angled, three sided box like this \_/ .

no no i ment the over flows on the ends of the tank. Maybe 3-4" in so the swimming area will still be 18" or so, thinking maybe one fish and some inverts, couple softies, something like the pic but have one on each side,

Attachments

• LightStandfrontview.jpg
    LightStandfrontview.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 169
Back