65 Gallon Diving back into the Water

Reefer_Rob_1987

Non-member
Hello Reefers,

A BRS member Reef and Climb got me into the saltwater hobby with a gifted 45 gallon high tank. That tank had mediocre success for about 2 years then was taken down in 2015 and since followed by a few fun freshwater tanks. Fast forward to the end 2019 life starts to calm down and I suggest a marine aquarium to my new wife she says go for it. WOOOHOO!!!!

I select a 65 gallon corner overflow aquarium, (largest I can fit in the space I have available) and production begins...

Hello Reefers,

A BRS member Reef and Climb got me into the saltwater hobby with a gifted 45 gallon high tank. That tank had mediocre success for about 2 years then was taken down in 2015 and since followed by a few fun freshwater tanks. Fast forward to the end 2019 life starts to calm down and I suggest a marine aquarium to my new wife she says go for it. WOOOHOO!!!!

I select a 65 gallon corner overflow aquarium, (largest I can fit in the space I have available) and production begins...

Yay can’t wait to see the new tank

The stand was made from 2X4 and and the sides of the stand were made from strapping. Rear and bottom of the tank were painted black.

Attachments

• Tank 1.jpg
    Tank 1.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 325
The wall directly behind the tank goes to a closet which contains the electronics and the salt and fresh RODI water containers. If you see any opportunities for improving my build I would welcome an experienced perspective.

Attachments

• Tank 2.jpg
    Tank 2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 327
  • Tank 5.jpg
    Tank 5.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 313
Was the 45g the 3'×1' footprint? Had one - terrible dimensions to work with. You will appreciate the width of the 65g. The extra 6" doesn't sound like much but it makes such a difference.

Was the 45g the 3'×1' footprint? Had one - terrible dimensions to work with. You will appreciate the width of the 65g. The extra 6" doesn't sound like much but it makes such a difference.
Yes that was the footprint on the 45 I'm hoping this one will give me enough space to create areas of different par.

Back