Thread Killer
BRS Member
My wife turned off a switch last night that killed power to our tank before we
went to bed. Woke up this morning to a very still, motionless dark tank. I was
panicked! Tank temp was 75 degrees. I had covered the tank last night so I
that helped minimized temp loss. All inhabitants accounted for. The only thing
that looked pissed was a green tree coral looked like a cork screw. I can't
believe the tank went so long without o2. My backup pumps are on another
outlet.....doh! The fates were on our side last night.
-Eric :eek:

Switch is now gone...lol. I think, had it been the middle of summer, I would not have
been so lucky.

Whoa, glad to hear everything made it! How's the orange cap doing? That's gotta be the scariest thing, I've come home from work a couple times with the power out, a pretty eerie feeling. LMK if you need anything....

remember a few years ago when we had that ice storm and most where out of power for 2-3 days .. yeah my stuff survived that ... had to float hot water bottles in there here and there .. but it got down to 75ish for a couple days ... its never fun to have to deal with that!

That is why I hook a continue power supply to the skimmer. The power supply is designed for computer and there should not be a problem for a skimmer. It was designed to power a computer for more than 20 minte and i assume it can power a skimmer for at least two to three hour. I need to test that out some day.

That reminds me. Eliot had been bugging me to let him buy a genereter last year before we got a reef tank. I might need to "give in" this year. :)

Up to 78 degrees now. Cap is looking ok so far as are all the frags I got yesterday. A
couple of mushrooms had fallen off from Chris but they used the no flow time period to
reattatch elsewhere in the tank. Thanks guys. Hey Chris. Looks like you gave me some
kind of zoo as well, has a dark green center and some other species of shroom as well.
Frags I got from Greg are awesome too.

Back