A pile of digitata frags, acro's too

One Eye

former vp of pr
It's been a while since I had to post anything like this. I had to remove almost all my rock yesterday so I could remove a fish that was eating sps polyps and clam mantles. The removing part was no problem. Trying to restack them with corals encrusted proved to be a bigger challange than I was up for. I have a pile of digitata frags, purple, purple tip, orange, green, and german blue polyp. I also have frags of a dark green with dark blue-purple tip acropora and baby blue tip acropora(if you saw the baby blue tip stag in the BRS, ORCA frag swap tank at macna, this is from the mother colony) both stag-like growth forms.

I also noticed while I was taking the rock work apart that I have several dead spots in the rock. Can I just add small power heads, behind the rock to blow out detrious? Something like a mini-jet, or will placing constant flow directed in the same location cause problems?

Darren, how much are you selling the frags for? As far as powerheads, I use a maxi600 on the lower back of the tank wall to keep the junk from forming on the rocks as they're pretty close to the glass. Works really well to keep it off.

Darren, interested any of the digi frags except orange. I have a couple powerheads that I could trade you for. a powersweep or a rio 1400.
Also a nice 50 watt ebo jagr heater

Last edited:
Darren I would like a frag of the baby blue tip, just let me know how much
thanks

Thanks for all the offers guys! I forgot to mention that the frags are free.
Jackie, I was just getting ready to put a mj 600 behind the rock :)

I still have alot of aqua scaping to do today so the catch to the free frags part is you gotta come get em.

I also lost a dark green capriconis colony so I wouldn't say no to a small frag if anyone has any available :)

If anyone around me is getting some frags can you pick one or two small ones up for me? I live in Rochester, NH and work in hampstead, NH.

Jackie, can you make it around 2? Thanks for the ric! Deb has a couple in her tank but I'm pretty much ricless :)

OK, if free frags won't get you to make a drive to Manchester, how abou this. Deb and the girls have been whipping up ginger bread cookies all morning! We might have to charge a small fee for the cookies:)

I wont be able to make it up today but is later in the week or next weekend possible?

Ray, let's see what happens. I really don't have room in my tank for a bunch of frags and the appt. I'm renting can't handle the elec. load I put on it already, so another tank is out of the question ( I have another tank and all the fixins ready to go when I move). But it looks like I'm going to have to try and make room.

Thanks to everyone who came by today! All the frags are gone! I hope they all do well in your tanks and that you liked the cookies!

People who wanted frags but couldn't make it here today, I'll have more soon and will let you know when they're ready. I'll be able to meet up somewhere with you then.

Thanks,
Darren

Thank you again, Darren, the frags are doing fine. The cookie was pretty good too! (somehow I got two globs of frosting on my jeans:) )

Darren,

Much thanks again on the frags. They are all doing quite nicely. Tell Deb that hubby has taken a shining to the fungia. He has named it Skippy. :rolleyes: Let me know if you need help in the move. I really mean it.

Linda

Thank You, Deb says she likes the name, I'm not so sure. I call my less than intelligent employees skippy!

Back