Advice for re-homing fish

ChrisNH

BRS Member
Hi,

I am re-approaching my 40B reef which has been seriously harmed by ongoing dino problems. I am going to give a try to keep the existing biome one more time before going scorched earth and resetting. I don't want to lose what is a healthy population of "other critters" like worms.

One problem is a what was supposed to be a neon goby that was 0.5" has turned out to be an engineer goby that is 14" long now. We love the gal (assume by size it female) but she is killing my little tank and making it hard to control nutrients which is part of my re-approach. All I have left is one big a** cleaner shrimp and a single hermit crap that I want to keep.

The other two fish probably were taken out by the goby as it got bigger. Not because its aggressive at all but a big fish in too small a tank. My corals which were flourishing are now mostly gone thanks to ongoing dinos.

What is the best way to find a new home for her? Is a massive engineer goby even something that can be re-homed?

Thanks,

Chris

I'm sure someone would want it for their tank. People who visit the site have all different types of tanks not just coral reef tanks. As a non-member I don't believe you're allowed to post it for sale or trade here but I believe you can post it for free. Good luck

If you don't get any replies here, maybe try local fish shops. I have huge damsel that will end up at All Things Aquatic once I catch that SOB....

I had not realized my membership has lapsed, I fixed that.

Should be easy to catch, freaks when it feels chased and swims in the open, but I am probably being naive. Nothing shaped so much like an eel can really be easy.

Score one for me....... The Dickhead Damsel is gone! He swam into the net and I'd like to extend my deepest thanks to the universe. Jewel Damsel?......never again!

Back