AI Prime 16HD FW Issues

You don’t need the factory powersupply which is way over priced. Get one from amazon that matches the 24V and higher Am.

Last edited:
I have seen many AI prime powersupplies died over the years.
The reason is that the stock power adapter is 24v at 2.5 amp, which provides 60w of power. The AI prime 16 HD is drawing 59w at full power, it really stresses the power supply out if running at full power with 1w to spare.
So get a 24v 3 amp powersupply will be better.

I have seen many AI prime powersupplies died over the years.
The reason is that the stock power adapter is 24v at 2.5 amp, which provides 60w of power. The AI prime 16 HD is drawing 59w at full power, it really stresses the power supply out if running at full power with 1w to spare.
So get a 24v 3 amp powersupply will be better.
Something like this? The 3 amp version advises 57 or less watts. This is a 24 volt/ 4amp

The one in you link will work,
Yes they normally recommend reserved power.

Last edited:
Well figured out the issue with this power supply. It's not a stock adapter, it's a 24v, 1.5amp... I got the light used and needed to swap the fan, and I guess the power supply too.

Last edited:
Yep, working perfectly now. With the new power supply, it came on and it didn't do the rotation of death. So yes, you can hit the button 3 times and it will start the light up in what appears to be a low power mode which allows you to access the app and lower the channels.

Fun times.

Back