Ai Vegas

johnnyb

Non-member
Just got thru programming a set of ai Vegas for my brother and sister in law. Took a little bit to get used to the different controller and it is definitely mandatory to do the firm ware update before getting started. But after you get going its really nice. I set it to a custom 24 hour cycle with sunrise thru moonlight. It has a reddish sunset before switching to the royal and deep blues. They only have some palys and mushrooms right now but will be adding more now that they have the lights. The green palys looked awesome under the red and blues. The greens are a nice addition to the ramp down sunset. I can't wait to add a couple of these to my current ai sol blues. It will be interesting to see if they can keep some of the corrals I have trouble with under the added colors

The coral acclimation is pretty cool too-- You set the day you put in a new piece of coral and the end date, and it slowly increases from 50% (or whatever you want) through that period.

I can't wait too upgrade to these. I have two of them on the way. I am very interested in reading everybody's lighting schedules, and acclamation tips. Some video would be awesome!

Having a red/orange sunrise and sunset would be pretty cool. I may have to sell one of my AI SOL Blues and upgrade to a Vega now. Can you post a video of your sunrise/sunset? I haven't seen one on youtube yet.

I'm going to just add two to the three sol blues I have now I really should have had five over my tank to begin with so the addition will give me the colors without losing money trying to sell the sols I just got.

I didnt want to start a whole new thread, so I figured i would just keep this one going. I would love too see the progress people are having with these incredible lights. Lighting schedules, growth, and some pics. I guess ill start. Im still using the easy setup. My schedule is set from 12pm-9pm, with a 2 hour ramp time. I started my light intensities at around 30%, and now I have my Red@15%, Green@15%, White@15%, and my Blue, Royal Blue, and Deep Blue all @45%. Needless too say, I love nothing more than a bright blue shimmering reef tank. All my corals are reacting very well to these lights. I have not burnt a single one. If any of you guys are using the manual setup, I would love to hear about how your doing it and the results. Anyway, here is a pic of my tank today
25a3gig.jpg
[/IMG]

I haven't been over to check on the tank I set up I know they added a few corals and have played with the lights some ill check it out and let you know how it is going.

Back