Air pump question

MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
Is there an air pump where you can stick the tube out the window…then to the pump…then a tube from the pump to the tank?

Gotchya, lots of people run roller mats + skimmer due to the fact that mats/socks can remove larger waste easier but skimmers can remove lots of junk that will pass right through your mechanical filtration and they have the added benefit of increasing air exchange. If you’ve got enough space, it doesn’t hurt to run both unless the water starts becoming too clean.

Why do you want to get outside air? Any chance you could just pop the window open and get the same effect?

Gotchya, lots of people run roller mats + skimmer due to the fact that mats/socks can remove larger waste easier but skimmers can remove lots of junk that will pass right through your mechanical filtration and they have the added benefit of increasing air exchange. If you’ve got enough space, it doesn’t hurt to run both unless the water starts becoming too clean.

Why do you want to get outside air? Any chance you could just pop the window open and get the same effect?
My Ph is 7.99 - 8.1….I run an air pump that sits next to a window, was just curious…..my sump is to small for both skimmer and s mat, I’d like to get my Ph up to 8.2-8.3 at least….just no more room for fancy equipment…sadly

What about a hang on back skimmer? The aquamaxx hob skimmer has an airline hook up so you can just run it out the window.

They do sell the air pumps that do what you had mentioned I just don’t know of a model that goes off the top of my head.

What about a hang on back skimmer? The aquamaxx hob skimmer has an airline hook up so you can just run it out the window.

They do sell the air pumps that do what you had mentioned I just don’t know of a model that goes off the top of my head.
Yeah I don’t want anything that hangs off the back, I have a Uv that’s a hob and that always makes me worry a little…

An aqua lifter has an intake that you can put outside if need be. I’m pretty sure it can do water or air..

I got it….it’s running and surprisingly quiet. Thx
Ya, those things are pretty cool. They're inexpensive and they have multiple functions. You can do air or liquid, and suck in or blow out. pretty cool little pumps. I've always had one laying around just in case.

Back