Anemone Baby Sitter?

davidrupe

Non-member
I am having ammonia problems and would like to save my anemone. Anybody close to Lowell, (muscles?) want to baby sit him/it for a month or however long it takes to get my ammonia down to zero?
Maybe babysit a coral beauty and two clowns if I can catch them?
Thanks...
Oh, and I would like to maintain visitation rights...this is not a complete custody situation.

anemone, clowns, angel in uncycled tank?? :eek:

edit: actually, i don't know if it's cycled or not but i thought i read that somewhere. haha.

We could try the anemone in my tank, but I don't think it is ready yet either. For an anemone you really need an established tank. more than just cycled. Ask Frank at work. Have you met him? He has a 180 and a 55.

Take it easy on the guy.

We all hurry things from time to time. And in all fairness it is strange that he should be having an ammonia problem 2 months after adding his LR.

David, have you tried bringing a water sample to AA or another LFS to make sure you're test kit isn't wrong? Wouldn't that be a nice solution to your problem?

Not trying to get your hopes up, but I think it's worth doing before you take everything out of the tank.

Nate

Ray, I will get back to you on that. Jen says he is doing real well today even thought the ammonia is high. All puffed up and stretched out.
Anybody got a picture of what a Green/Brown BTA should look like? Everybody has pictures of Roses so I am not even sure if he is as healthy as he should be.

They should look the same, the only differance is the color. My rose and green look exactly the same

hey dave,

i was just playin with you. hope you didn't take that the wrong way. i really wasn't coming down on you or anything. haha. no, i remembered about how old your tank was from talking with you at AA. good luck with the ammonia problem. :)

I dont know if it helps but I have a Condy and it looks like this.......

Attachments

• DSC00015.JPG
    DSC00015.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 201
Peter...I didnt' take it that way. No worries.
Thanks Theone...I will take a picture of my anemone tonight and you guys can decide how how he is doing.
Ray, maybe we can meet up this weekend and I will take you up on that babysitting offer.

Dave,
i'd love to help you out since you're in lowell but my tank is stocked with sps and there's no way i can take the chance of putting in the anemone in there.
Sorry that i'm unable to help.
Good luck.

OK, he will be going into a 60G tank with 2 other anemones and a few fish

Back