Another Vacation request

Scuba_Dave

Non-member
Looking for contact people:

I have (3) different people that can possibly check on my tank. But I'm looking for contact people in case something goes wrong. I will be leaving (very) early on the 26th & returning on April 2nd (afternoon).

A friend of mine has looked after my tanks every time I have gone on vacation (but he has 2 little frags of his own now).

My wife's friend lives about 100 yards from us & watched her tank when we went on vacation. And my mom isn't far away & only works 1/2 day.

For the week I'm just planning basic water top-off & feeding the tank every other day.

Nothing difficult...but we all know what "can" happen

I can be available to triage and stabilize dire problems (flood, pump, etc.) before conferring with / handing off to whomever you wish for further action, etc.

I'm in Braintree and my fiance lives in Rockland, so I am down your way frequently. We came by briefly last year during the tank tour (we were the first to arrive at your house, due to a detour to Skipton's by the rest of the tour, but had to leave early). The encrusting gorgonian that I picked up from you is going gangbusters in my tank, btw.

Kent

Thanks all, I am hoping of course that no-one will be needed. But better to be safe with people to call in case of a problem.
I'll put together a list of info on my tank & send everyone information. I'm going to have my mom over & the wife's friend to go over the setup

Still 17 days to go before we leave....but who's counting :)

and 20 hours.......47 minutes.......

Hi all, forgot all about this. Work has been busy
My wife's best friend lives about 300 yards from us - just around the corner.

I have 55g of saltwater made-up, and will have 55g of RO/DI made up before I go. I did a 25g water change a couple of days ago, everything is looking good. Actuallay better then it has in a while
Lights are all on timers
I have gone 5+ days without topping off. But I showed her how to top-off.
I am leaving an instruction sheet for her. Very basic =Mag 3 is in a blue barrel of RO/DI, put black hose in the sump, plug it in. Unplug when water is 1/2 way to 2nd line from top of sump.

She is going to feed fish every 3rd day & top off water every 3rd day if needed. I will top off before I leave Friday, she will top off on Sunday before the work week. I will have baggies of food made up.
Basement fuge has a yellow tang - I feed the fish every other day

We have a cat so she will be stopping in every day to feed cat & check on tank. Her name is Dottie, I am leaving a shortcut on my desktop to this site

Not sure what else I should do....should be a simple week

weather doesn't look good...maybe I shouldn't go
I hate getting wet...wait I'll be diving...nevermind

Attachments

• Weather.JPG
    Weather.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 132
Back