Any experience with these?? Filter sock replacement

FishieBusiness

BRS Member
I heard about these last night on Reef Dudes live stream. Has anyone has used this before?

I like the idea of simple clean and reuse. What are your thoughts?

I heard about these last night on Reef Dudes live stream. Has anyone has used this before?

I like the idea of simple clean and reuse. What are your thoughts?

I haven’t run any mechanical filtration in my sump three years

I’ve been using Reef Diapers in place of filter socks for a few months now. So far I like them. I hate cleaning filter socks so these are a much better solution for me!

@FishieBusiness Trigger 34 my skimmer is in the middle section. I clean my skimmer usually quarterly so I have not had any issues. at the end of the day when detritus breaks down it it ends up being inert mulum (Sp.) you can symphony out. I did socks for a while at 1st by changing every couple days and cleaning sucked. when I blast the tank with my polishing filter pump when I actually donanwatwr change I put filter fabric in the sump to catch the junk

I swapped to this, no more changing socks. There is a maintainance cost in swapping filter rolls though.
1679763253145.png

I like the idea of the roller a lot. I don't want to deal with the socks anymore. This is what I'm going with.

I like the idea of the roller a lot. I don't want to deal with the socks anymore. This is what I'm going with.

I love mine, never have to worry about changing socks and the difference in clarity of the water column is amazing. I go through a filter roll every 6 weeks or so though

I love mine, never have to worry about changing socks and the difference in clarity of the water column is amazing. I go through a filter roll every 6 weeks or so though
I know the operating cost is higher but I think the pros out weigh the cons

Back