Anybody Interested in a Carbon Group Buy?

sdesi2005

Non-member
Just gauging interest?

I know they did one about a year ago, does anyone remember the type/size of the bags that were bought that time? I believe they were 50# but I can't remember for sure.

The carbon from the group buy was not the best you can get.

If the carbon does not fizz (sp?) when it touch water, it is not good enough.

I heard the stuff wasn't that great,
I would be interested in some higher quality stuff if there was an interest.

Depending on price, I'd be interested in trying some higher quality carbon. I've been using the cheap stuff for a while and I'd like to see if higher quality chit would make a difference.

yea same high quality stuff sounds great, i have been using marineland activated carbon forever and i never see much of a difference when i use it compared to my other filter
Duds

There are quite a few types of carbon. What is everyone trying to do with it? That will determine what specs you are looking for. What is more important: chlorine removal or color removal? Is longer life more important than agressive adsorption? Is hardness grading important (for fluidized beds) or is particle size more critical?

Carbon is pretty basic stuff if used in the application it was engineered to meet. If you by vapor phase carbon for a water application it would seem defective, it is just not the correct application.

Back