aquaculture nursery farms

php1775

BRS Member
i had a male fill my tank with babies before i had any cultures set up.so i ordered some rotifers and cocepods from a place called aquaculture nursery farms on a sunday with 2 day mail handling from usps.well i just missed the mailman on wednesday and had to pick them up on thursday morning.needless to say there was not much moving ,but was told that that was normal since the rots were microscopic.i fed them with pyto feast since it had 2 or 3 of the algaes that they needed.by sunday still couldnt see any movement even with a very strong magnifying glass.i e-mailed the vendor about my dilema on sunday morning and had a response a couple of hours later .i explained that i just was worried about feeding my seahorse fry and didnt care about cost,i told him i wasnt looking for a freebie.without much hesitation he said he would replace the order and even paid for faster shipping.when i got them wednesday i couldnt believe that i could see tons of rotifers swimming from 3-4 feet away with only the help of my glasses.it may be because i asked if he had any larger rots in which he didnt answer ,but i believe thats what he sent me.it was a very positive experience for my 1st time ordering rotifers:)

Title edited to comply with forum specific rules.
John K BRS moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Back